Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

What to do about a Mail Server?

Thread: What to do about a Mail Server?

What to do about a Mail Server?

I need a mail server; I'm not a complete newbie; I can use the cl a little and configure some things but I also need something I can get up and running in a reasonable amount of time. I'm looking at qmail, and it looks ok until it seems that pop3 is not a standard deal for it. I'm used to dealing with crappy Exchange and I know all of my users will be using pop3 to get their mail. Also, not to gripe but I need something that isn't insanely complicated. Basically, once I get the mail-server installed I want to easily be able to add and remove accounts and for my users to be able to send&recieve email without regard to what kind of server I'm running on. Thanks in advance for any help!
    *Vagrant

Advisor

Re:What to do about a Mail Server?

Well, I'm not sure if this is exactly what you want, but I'm currently wading my way through this tutorial:

http://www.delouw.ch/linux/Postfix-C...tml/index.html

Re:What to do about a Mail Server?

This baby helped my get Postfix up and running in no time at all. I have Postfix running on one machine, my machine and my wifes point to it for SMTP and POP3. It works a treat.

http://www.redhat.com/support/resour...WTO/book1.html