Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Iraq

Re:Iraq

I am not debating wether or not Iraq has WMD or not, or wether they would use them. Iam saying that there are many other countries which are a bigger threat; North Korea comes to mind, and reading todays news, Iran. These nations have higher firepower. North Korea does not control oil, however, which makes it a less atractive target.
    Invading Iraq won't stop them from killing their own people. So the "noble liberation" argument is out of the way. (We can see that in Afghanistan, after the war, they are still killing each other. There has been no rebuilding, either..)
    The threat argument is valid up to a certain point. Iraq is a threat. However, there are bigger threats. Why go after it, instead of the bigger threats? Iraq probably has terrorists ties. So does about half of the allies of the US.

In the end, it comes to this: Does Iraq poses a threat big enough to warrant war, and all its consequences? I think not.

Does winning over Iraq give other benefits to the US besides taking out WMD? I think so.

Is this the reason for the war, more than any threat Iraq might present? I think so.

Does Bush has a personal vendetta against Saddam? I think so.

Have we finished rebuilding Afghanistan, and evaluating other threats, and dedicated enough effort to fight terror? No.

Why go to war with another country when we already have so many many many loose ends?

bush on time said "he tried to kill my father"
    kind of give's you an idea why he is fighting so hard and lying at times about iraq.
    I would thnk a portion of the iraq people would not be against war if UN or other org. helped out to rebuild some parts of the country which they should be doing in afghanistan at the moment. That's one reason why you have osama bin laden boys afghan people got no help after they pushed russia out with american help though they where promised.

Hey... the united states, Russia, China, etc. all have WMD... I'm just saying..

"Be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi

I think this Iraq war is all about Israel, not the USA. Just think about it. What country is being most threatened by Saddam? Not the USA, it's Israel. They are right next door. When the USA attacked Iraq in the Gulf War, what country did Saddam sent his missles to? Not to the USA, but Israel.
    Look at the Israeli point of view on Iraq. It's THEIR best interest to attack Iraq and change the regime. They have all the political and financial influence in the USA to make the USA go to war with Iraq.
    This is what's going on in case you wondered...

For those of you who have been citing WMD as the reason for going to war, please wake up. There have been inspections going on for months now, and for years earlier. The closest they've come to a smoking gun is SPECULATION that Iraq MIGHT be TRYING to build nukes. Yet still the White House dismisses North Korea and goes for Iraq. Be it oil, location, or political goals, the US government has a much different reason for going to war than security.

Good Guru

[quote author=kavarogep link=board=14;threadid=6554;start=0#61753 date=1047394665]
    I think this Iraq war is all about Israel, not the USA. Just think about it. What country is being most threatened by Saddam? Not the USA, it's Israel. They are right next door. When the USA attacked Iraq in the Gulf War, what country did Saddam sent his missles to? Not to the USA, but Israel.
    Look at the Israeli point of view on Iraq. It's THEIR best interest to attack Iraq and change the regime. They have all the political and financial influence in the USA to make the USA go to war with Iraq.
    This is what's going on in case you wondered...

[/quote]

I say let them. Iraq is nothing but a thorn to us. And the only tre ally there is Israel (after the crap we gave them , I still fail to comprehend how. Possibly cuz we wont bomb the cat piss out them under any fathomable circumstance).

They have alot of repressed anger and even more justification. They have teh technology, talent, and manpower to kick the fuck out of almost any opponent they choose (China and USA are the two I say are unstoppable by their forces).

But in the end, I dont care who takes care of the job, as long as SH is out of power. The world wants to pussyfoot around the real problem except for 20 or so nations. Well, SH didnt ask UN for permission to be a bully prick, and I see no reason to continue asking the more and more irrelavent UN for "permission" to make sure our ass is safe.

I do find it humorous in a sick and twisted way, that the major opponents of war (globally not regionally) are the biggest bnusiness partners of Iraq and have them most to loose... Too bad money walks and talks...

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=14;threadid=6554;start=0#61748 date=1047391238]

[/quote]

Yeah but we don't need another country with weapons of mass destruction. Plus, it's in violation of our treaty with them.

[quote author=Schotty link=board=14;threadid=6554;start=0#61782 date=1047415292]
    I do find it humorous in a sick and twisted way, that the major opponents of war (globally not regionally) are the biggest bnusiness partners of Iraq and have them most to loose... Too bad money walks and talks...
    [/quote]
    Amen to that.
    So France and Russia say that the only reason we want to go to war is for the oil, well guess what the only reason why France and Russia don't want us to go to war is because of the oil.

I personally don't believe that it is the oil that we are going to war for. We have other countries that are friendly to us that have tons of oil. I truely believe that the immediate reason we are going to war is the threat to our allies in the region, and the not so immediate threat of either them achieving a nuclear bomb or some of their destructive technology falling into the wrong hands.

***Disclaimer***
    Mostly opinion with some fact thrown in for flavor.

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=14;threadid=6554;start=0#61748 date=1047391238]

[/quote]
    Hey... Bush, Putin, Zemin aren't lunatics.
    I'm just saying...

But seriously, you really think if the US destroyed all of their weapons and brought all of their troops home Iraq and North Korea would behave themselves.
    The only reason why many nations don't need WMD or a gigantic military is because of the United States.