Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

ScanDisk for Linux

Thread: ScanDisk for Linux

ScanDisk for Linux

I'd like to scan the whole disk surface, not only data areas. I found, that an equivalent for Scandisk is e2fsck, but does it support reiserfs ? And does it have the option for scanning whole disk surface ?

Thanks for any help.

P.S. Sorry for my English. I'm still learning.

Re:ScanDisk for Linux

yes as far as I know there should be a fsck for reiserfs, if you wanna scan the entire disk surface you could do an block scan
    takes alot of time, can't tell you the specific parameter's on a windows computer at the moment.

Mentor

To do a surface check, use:
    badblocks /dev/hdaX

To check a reiserfs file system, use:

fsck.reiserfs /dev/hdaX

(replace X with the partition number you want to check)

Thank You very much.