Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everyone still crunching?

Everyone still crunching?

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if people had given up on GAH/FAH? I'm hoping that people just felt comfortable enough to set it running and forget about it, but now GAH/FAH has just crashed and no one has returned any work units in a while. Or have people just stopped crunching? Is there another project that people have moved to?

I think that there is 3 of us still crunching!

I was just curious,
    Ryan

Re:Everyone still crunching?

My box isn't crunching.. It gets over heated to easily.. My server isnt crunching.. I have a bunch of things running already but my bro's big newer maching is crunching ..1gig AMD crunching power...

Wait...GAH/FAH has crashed...you mean our team isn't making progress, or the entire system is down? My box is still going.

Sorry I meant that our team's progress seems to have dipped a bunch either that or the other teams around us have increased production a bunch cuz we are getting passed left and right :'(

I was just wondering. I use statsman to do my GAH stats lookups.

[quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=22;threadid=6527;start=0#61445 date=1046987282]<snip>
    My box is still going.
    </snip>
    [/quote]
    What is your username for GAH? Or are you doing FAH? :P : I hate that FAH gobbled up GAH > Anyway there are only three people I see doing GAH work units... Compunuts LJR, cloverm and mcdougrs(thats me).

Which program are you using to crunch? Because if you are using a recent FAH program our team number will indicate to Standford that you only want to do GAH units... You might want to check your configuration. Mine totally just switched on me one time, I have no idea why... but I saw a huge loss in production for me and the team number in my configuration had been wiped out. So I was doing whatever Stanford sent to me and it wasn't being counted for the team.

i keep getitng stupid errors....
    Initializing protein design algorithm
    jwe0105i-e line 17 The value of the STATUS specifier in an OPEN statement does not match the file status (unit=45).
    error occurs at energies.read14_ line 17 loc 08051875 offset 00000015
    energies.read14_ at loc 08051860 called from loc 0804e2ef in spa_ line 103
    spa_ at loc 0804e0f0 called from loc 0804b775 in Run
    Run at loc 0804b160 called from loc 0804cf70 in RunCore
    RunCore at loc 0804cdf0 called from loc 0804d5b9 in MAIN__
    MAIN__ at loc 0804d2a0 called from o.s.
    taken to (standard) corrective action, execution continuing.
    Designing protein sequence 18 of 30
    Unrecognized amino acid designation!!!!
    26 amino acid number:0
    error summary (Fortran)
    error number error level error count
    jwe0105i e 1
    total error count = 1
    i guess i should download fah...

uhm... I'll probably end up looking like an idiot... but, what are you guys talking about?

[quote author=LinuxLuke link=board=22;threadid=6527;start=0#61474 date=1047018552]
    uhm... I'll probably end up looking like an idiot... but, what are you guys talking about?
    [/quote]
    Linux JR has a couple of distributed computing teams. The one I am talking about is the Folding at Home/Genome at Home team. This project is lead by Stanford and can be found at folding.stanford.edu But the REAL quick and dirty about the project is that we are helping to figure out my genes are sequenced the way they are in nature and if some how we might be able to figure out a "better" way, and hopefully be able to cure some deseases along the way. You can read more about it their site.

Folding at Home was once different than Genome at Home, but FAH (Folding at Home) swallowed up the GAH (Genome at Home) project. So now we use the FAH software to do GAH work it does both now, with our team number FAH is told only to do GAH work units. So if you have any other questions please feel free to ask... we can always use more crunchers!!

P.S.
    You can find out our team numbers at http://www.linuxjunior.org/dcteams/

[quote author=Izan Seth link=board=22;threadid=6527;start=0#61463 date=1047012236]
    [quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=22;threadid=6527;start=0#61445 date=1046987282]<snip>
    My box is still going.
    </snip>
    [/quote]
    What is your username for GAH? Or are you doing FAH? :P : I hate that FAH gobbled up GAH > Anyway there are only three people I see doing GAH work units... Compunuts LJR, cloverm and mcdougrs(thats me).

Which program are you using to crunch? Because if you are using a recent FAH program our team number will indicate to Standford that you only want to do GAH units... You might want to check your configuration. Mine totally just switched on me one time, I have no idea why... but I saw a huge loss in production for me and the team number in my configuration had been wiped out. So I was doing whatever Stanford sent to me and it wasn't being counted for the team.
    [/quote]

Yeah I support F@H moreso than G@H. MOST of the human genome has been mapped. We just don't know what the hell it means. I believe it's more important to study what we have rather than trying to complete what remains. Anyways since LJR was a G@H team I've been submitting anonymous stats to F@H. It's not the score that's important...it's the data you crunch.

well i installed folding at home and it is going along with seti. g@h was not working...