Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Kernel panic In interrupt handler - not syncing

Thread: Kernel panic In interrupt handler - not syncing

Associate

Kernel panic In interrupt handler - not syncing

Hi Guys,
    Having a little difficulty. Trying to install Fedora Core 2 over Fedora Core 1 which up until now was working well. Now I get the above message and I am dead in the water.
    Is there something I need to tweak in the BIOS in order to get this thing to install?
    Fedora Core 1 was using Grub boot loader.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Chumley

If fedora core 2 was working before and is now not then what has happend is you eather updated or recompiled your kernel and the update/kernel update/recompile went bad only thing i can suggest is to eather reinstall fedora core 2 or use your fedora core 2 bootdisk and rpm -e kernalexample.rpm
    and reinstall your orginal kernel.. Our you could just dump crappy redhat product and get slackware
    Wenn Sie Spaß meines Englisch mich Willensfuckingtötung Sie bilden.

chumley, does fedora have an upgrade script option? I've never heard of a distro supporting mass-upgrades between versions besides dist-upgrades in Debian. Your BIOS wouldn't have anything to do with it; I'm sure your hardware is chugging right along, the problem is, as comtux pointed out, with the new kernel.

Are you able to use a rescue disk? If you can, you should be able to edit your /boot/grub/menu.list to point at your old kernel image (a file called vmlinuz-something in /boot) and boot to that. Once your back into your system you can compile a new kernel if necessary.

(That was the 50000 foot view of it, obviously. Post more specifics and I'm sure someone here will be able to help.)

Was this ever resolved??