Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The Contemplation of My Being

Thread: The Contemplation of My Being

The Contemplation of My Being

my family has informed me, when I come home friday for spring break, I will have a 1.5mbps cable line waiting for me!

[me=BurntAsh]feels something funny happening in his pants[/me]
    WHAT THE?!?! :P

;D

Re:The Contemplation of My Being

Trust me...your online experience will NEVER be even remotely the same. This is revolutionary.

Congrats man... oh and HAND IT OVER.. I'll trade you my 1MBit ADSL

im not going to sleep at all over spring break i think. most people wouldnt sleep because they are too busy getting wasted and having sex, but me.... ill be using my cable internet : and im going to do some heavy counter-strike'in you better believe it, i will finally be one of the low-ping bastards. paying 39.99 a month for it, which is alot better because i used to be paying $40 a month for dialup for the monthly charge and the 2nd phone line bill so instead of $40 a month for 2kbps, im getting probably 300kbps. i talked to my neighbors that got it too, and their highest was like 800kbps and 2-300 is their average.

Advisor

[me=PK]is VERY VERY jealous as he sit's on his 33.6[/me]

Mentor

I was stoked when I got my 128Kbps connection, and now I'm so jealous, I like getting 15KBps, but 200-300 would be much nicer. I remember the brief period of time I had free cable, don't ask, don't tell, and was downloading at those speeds, and now everything else seems slow.

I'll trade you my T-3. Wait... No I won't. But I'll probably be forced to go back to 28k in the summer. It should be a crime for the telephone companies not to offer DSL.

[quote author=Almighty Snailgod Kenshi link=board=17;threadid=6463;start=0#61473 date=1047018290]
    It should be a crime for the telephone companies not to offer DSL.
    [/quote]

Damn straight !!

Good Guru

[quote author=Almighty Snailgod Kenshi link=board=17;threadid=6463;start=0#61473 date=1047018290]
    It should be a crime for the telephone companies not to offer DSL.
    [/quote]

Actually, I thought the other way. I have dealt with DSL installs off and on for the past few years, and the telcos just cause pain.

"Yes we can install it. Setup fee of $74.99 is waived if you sign up for a 2 year contract and prepay the frist 3 months. We will have it installed within 3 weeks."

Translation : "let us take your money away from you. you dont need it

6 weeks later ...

"We are having difficulties installing the facilities. Please bear with us"

Translation : "Ahh ... interest, not having to pay more than 10 techs ... Aint business great!"

another 6 weeks later ...

"Sorry but we cannot install ADSL or SDSL at your location. Your refund is in the mail."

Translation : "Well, thanks for the better than free business loan! Piss off now, we have people to rip off."

BurntAsh, you are evil. Just plain evil.

[me=NGene]looks at my modem[/me]
    [me=NGene]looks at a web page that's been loading for ages[/me]
    [me=NGene]looks at the modem again[/me]
    [me=NGene]looks at the half loaded web page saying BurntAsh has a 1.5 mbps cable[/me]

EVIL!!