Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Facial hair and what to do with it

Re:Facial hair and what to do with it

[quote author=C++freak link=board=14;threadid=6457;start=0#60911 date=1046311529]
    of those of you that can't / can grow facial hair (no matter what you do with it), how old are you and when were you first able to grow some facial hair?
    [/quote]

well - i am thirty six, and i did not shave until they made me when i was in the millitary. after boot camp i did not need to shave again for about 5 more years (around 25)

C++ that's like me. My first goatee when I was 16. I kept that around for some time. It eventually grew a mustache and chinstrap (thin line that traced my jawbone) to become a complete set. That wasn't a bad look for me at all. Then for some reason I shaved it all off and grew the soul patch under the lower lip (also highly recommended). I'm not doing much with it right now but it's sure to return

I was around 16-17 when I started growing a "mustache" I put it in quotes because it was one of those mustaches that is barely visible more like dark(er) peach fuzz!! :-\ ;D But I haven't really been able to shave every day... I have pretty sensitive skin so when I shave more than like 3 times a week my face get ALL cut up and broken out and razor burnt. So I only shave about twice a week.

Oh and I'm lucky my wife doesn't mind facial hair... crap 9 times out of 10 she doesn't even notice when I shave it all off!

I've wanted to grow my goatee out in to a long pointy zztop type thing, but I never have.....

I was 13 when I could grow a peach-fuzz moustache and 15 when I needed to actually start shaving more than under my nose every once in a great while.

ya i hate shaving to, especially since every razor i use now pulls my hairs

its crazy i started shaving at about 15 -16, and I am 23 now and still cant grow a full beard cause hair doesnt want to come in on the sides of my mouth

and the hair my neck grows faster and thicker than anything on my face, which just sucks

Uhm... I don't shave my facial hair.. :P

Anyway, I really like men with goatees.

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=Izan Seth link=board=14;threadid=6457;start=0#60934 date=1046353353]
    I have pretty sensitive skin so when I shave more than like 3 times a week my face get ALL cut up and broken out and razor burnt. So I only shave about twice a week.

[/quote]

Then you could imagine my pain when I have to shave almost every single day. My poor neck looks like a cat went crazy and clawed the tar out of me. I hate shaving, I really do. I need to find a job that will not care whether or not I have facial hair.

I grew a Zapata mustache when I was in the Navy; I've still got it 30+ years later. In the intervening years, I've had the occasional full beard (ala ZZ Topp), but the 'stash is forever. I don't grow a beard anymore 'cause I look too much like Kenny Rogers with it; I HATE Kenny Rogers.

Mentor

I just saw ZZ Top on Country Music Television (!). They still have that beard going. Looks kinda cool. Makes me wanna have it ... ;D