Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Facial hair and what to do with it

Re:Facial hair and what to do with it

I can't grow a real bread, I'm probably not manly enough, so I shave the sorry leftovers...

I have a gotee that is also about 3/4 inch long. Gotta love the Norelco beard and mustache trimmers. BUT my gotee does not connect on the right side, meaning that I have to grow the ends of my mustache out to meet the hair on my chin! Kind of a pain but if I don't have facial hair 1) I look like a kid & 2) My face is WAY too round, and I have too many chins (2 to be exact) !

Are you familiar with the term "five-o-clock shadow"? I could shave twice a day. I could have a full beard in a week.

Mentor

Shaving sucks. If you add up how many hours you spend on shaving in a year, it would come out to days, maybe even weeks. I also remember getting pimples and rashes all the time, not to mention the occasional cuts.

I totally stopped shaving about 6 years ago. I just trim my beard once every two weeks. I keep it short, always less than 3/4" so I don't really look like ZZ Top. ;D

I usually let it grow for a week. The only time I shave is when I am going to be in pictures, playing a show, or leaving the area for a while. After a week I have a nice mountian man looking beard. I could be in beer comercials with it.

Kind Mastermind

I wish I was allowed to grow a beard and a decent mustache. Due to the rules that the military has, I can't. Plus, my wife doesn't really like facial hair that much. I grew me goatee out about seven years ago. It took me about two weeks to have a sweet one. Since I will be taking about five weeks off starting late next month, I might just have to let the facial hair go a bit to see what I can grow out. Hmmm...

[quote author=praetorian link=board=14;threadid=6457;start=0#60843 date=1046233849]
    Shave it.

I hate facial hair.
    [/quote]
    I just wish i could grow it.

of those of you that can't / can grow facial hair (no matter what you do with it), how old are you and when were you first able to grow some facial hair?

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=C++freak link=board=14;threadid=6457;start=0#60911 date=1046311529]
    of those of you that can't / can grow facial hair (no matter what you do with it), how old are you and when were you first able to grow some facial hair?
    [/quote]

Welp, I'm 31 and I think I was in my mid-twenties when my facial hair started to be full enough for me to actually be able to grow a real beard. Having to shave every day has definitely made the hair thicker, darker, and faster growing than it probably would have been had I not had to shave every day. Heck, in basic training I had to shave everyday, even though I only needed to shave once a week or so at the time. Now, if I work twelve hour shifts I have to bring a razor in so that I can keep looking neat and professional.

I'm only 16 (nearly 17) and I just lately found out I could grow a decent beard (I was very happy)