Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

can't find -ldb1

Thread: can't find -ldb1

can't find -ldb1

/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2/../../../../i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -ldb1

I get this error with a number of emerges, what is it, why is it, and how do I get rid of it?

Re:can't find -ldb1

db1 2 and 3 are a pain to install and make work together, i'd say look for a libdb thats 2 or 3 and try symlinking libdb1.so to it and maybe that will work for you

else look for berkeley db and try to install version 1

I it my portage tree to see what it has, also did a locate on ldb(and 1-3). The locate brought up perl related stuff, 1 - 3 brought up nothing, portage brought up a ton of stuff one of which is called db: Berkeley DB for transaction support in MySQL. It's version 3. I take it that the db in my portage tree is the the thing I'm looking for in verion 3?

A locate for libdb brought up the various libdb's on my system, all libdb3.x

After a few cp's I got everything to work. Dumbass me forgot how to symlink. Either way problem is solved and I got Y messenger up and running.

ln -s currentfile newfile

figures it would be something that easy. ???