Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Dilemma...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dilemma...

Dilemma...

Not so long ago I brought a Athlon XP 1600+ setup to replace my broken PC, and now I've been offered a REALLY good deal on a dual Athlon 1800+.

Mobo, CPUs and coolers for 3000DKK (~435USD) - I can however in all likelihood talk the guy down to around 360USD, all I need then is the memory (100USD)... but I'm completely broke since I'm saving up to move in with my gf, and we both just joined a gym - which costs a bundle...

But I've wanted a dual setup ever since I first tried working with one... It's just to smooth to pass by.

Now I can get around 220USD for my old hardware if I sell it, and I know I strictly don't need the dual setup, but I want it like Golem wants the one ring...

Oh the dilemma...

Re:Dilemma...

I don't even know why I am answering this, since I've sworn a blood fued with you after the bashing you gave me for my innocent remarks in the "Queens of the Stoneage" thread.
    I was never in any of the Talented and Gifted classes in high school, but I'm not sure it takes Stephen Hawking to figure this out.
    Let me get this straight:
    You want to spend money (which you don't have), for a computer (which you don't need), and you are about to move in with someone (who only asks for some symbol of commitment), and this is a dilemma for you?
    Oh nevermind, it probably is.

please refrain from any personal attacks. disagreements are cool. blood feuds are not.

When did I bash anyone in that thread ?

Anyways I decided against buying it, I kinda forgot that I would need to upgrade my PSU also, to carry the load.

The deal turned out to less than great anyways, the CPUs were Athlon-XP's that were hacked, not true Athlon-MP CPUs, so my stability would be shot.. Don't want that, do we?

On the other hand, my bestfriend just ordered a new PC for his half brother, so I get to play with some juicy hardware no matter the decision... Ah being the local techie can be fun sometimes.

Good Guru

[quote author=pbharris link=board=14;threadid=6451;start=0#60788 date=1046187200]
    please refrain from any personal attacks. disagreements are cool. blood feuds are not.
    [/quote]
    No blood feuds are pure entertainment. Especially when ....

Lovechild gets two lions, a charriot and a whip.

Dowmun gets a battle axe, swiss army knife, and a bagful of shuriken.

[glow=red,2,300]Lets get it on![/glow]

I refuse to fight.... he's just trolling, which is uncool and against the rules(tm).

The community is _the_ thing that makes Linux fun, and trolls simply ruin that... Why should I help destroy the thing I love so much...

I apologize to Lovechild and the community.

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=dowmun link=board=17;threadid=6451;start=0#60820 date=1046217499]
    I apologize to Lovechild and the community.
    [/quote]

That took real guts. I'm truly impressed. One applause for you, dowmun.

Cheers

Is there a Texan here Lovechild hasn't pissed off at some time? I have to say though, I don't know what he could've done to even mildly frustrate dowmun in this case. I was hoping for the blood feud personally...

Good Guru

[quote author=Almighty Snailgod Kenshi link=board=17;threadid=6451;start=0#61482 date=1047020839]
    I was hoping for the blood feud personally...
    [/quote]
    Me too :-[