Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Favorite Quake 3 Mods/Maps for Linux

Thread: Favorite Quake 3 Mods/Maps for Linux

Favorite Quake 3 Mods/Maps for Linux

The title pretty much says it all - I'm just wondering what your favorite mods and maps are for Quake3 that run natively in Linux.

Please post your opinions and your links.

Thanks!

Re:Favorite Quake 3 Mods/Maps for Linux

Ah... come on. Surely I'm not the only guy here that plays Q3...

I do, but I've never bothered playing with mods.

Yeah, I'm kinda in the same boat here. I'm just tired of playing plain old Q3 so I thought I'd try to find some mods.

Thanks,
    ST

I used to, but I've moved on to Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Joined (actually formed) a clan and now I just play RTCW with my clan. Haven't played Q3A in awhile. Its fun though. Both games run better in Linux.

Do they sell Linux versions of these games in stores or do you have to get them off of the web somewhere?

Good Guru

You can download the installers and it intstalls everything on your drive. You dont need the CD thereafter.

Yep, I've got to agree - both Q3 and RTCW play better in Linux than they do in Windows. They play so well actually that I'm looking for Mods for them since I'm kinda tired of the standard installation..

Actually, I've found Navy Seals: Covert Operations to be FREAKING awesome mod for Q3. http://www.ns-co.net (or emerge quake3-nsco if you're a Gentoo user)

Feel free to contact me via IM me (same name on AIM as here) if you need some pointers or would like me to recommend a few other mods

Seeya!

Thanks for the update! I haven't poked my head in here lately so I'm bit slow getting back to you all.

I'll definitely have to try that mod and see how it works.

I've been playing with Timegate lately and really enjoy it.

Enemy Territory is also a great one too.