Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Mozilla Composer - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mozilla Composer

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntled
    anyone seen an open-source programmer's editor that will highlight in 2 (or more) levels like slickedit? You'd think it wouldn't be that hard to implement...

:wink:
    What exactly do you mean by multiple levels?

Yeah, second that...
    My Website:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Website Uptime:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Server Specs: AMD Athlon X2 3800+, 2gb DDR2 RAM, 1.5TB HDD, Ubuntu 9.10
    My Gaming PC: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93ghz, 4gb DDR2 RAM, 9800GTX+

Associate
    multiple.. levels...

doom3 has multiple levels

Yeah, I guess I don't understand what you mean by 2 levels. The best syntax highlighting I have seen has been with jEdit, because it allows for nested highlighting. For example you can get correct highlighting for Java within the scriplet tags on a JSP page but then also have correct HTML highlighting also on the same page. Is that kinda what you mean?
    jro -

Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7

AFAIK GeSHi does this too (for example with PHP&HTML), http://qbnz.com/highlighter for anyone interested.

Yes, that's what I mean. If you have a script with an embedded bit in another language, it's nice for the editor to recognize the second (or third) language and highlight it as well.

I'll check out jEdit and GeSHi (though it seems to be more of a plugin for phpBB, etc. rather than an IDE or programmer's editor).

Hmm you appear to be right about GeSHi. I saw it a week ago or so, and didn't download it or anything - just read about some of the stuff it does. Sorry for the misinformation

Oracle
    Hi, I'm the GeSHi author

GeSHi's written in PHP, so won't be much use if you want to edit text

And unfortunately it doesn't have the ability to highlight more than one source in the same file.

Yet

heh guess I was totally wrong about GeSHi then :/
    Of course, it being an online highlighter explains the confusion I had when I saw that what I thought to be an editor had an "online demo"

Hey does Screem still exist? It was another HTML coding environment a couple of years ago. I haven't heard of it since in any distro I have.
    My Website:

My Website Uptime:

My Server Specs: AMD Athlon X2 3800+, 2gb DDR2 RAM, 1.5TB HDD, Ubuntu 9.10
    My Gaming PC: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93ghz, 4gb DDR2 RAM, 9800GTX+