Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Queens of the Stoneage

Queens of the Stoneage

I just acquired their lastest album and I'm very impressed.. damn these guys rock.. but sadly the background information on their website is a bit... none existing to be frank - who are those rocking fellas?

Re:Queens of the Stoneage

i dunno - but i do like what music i have heard on the radio by them. very good & complex music, which is nice beause much music i hear on the radio seems centered around the lyrics.

I am doing my best to fit in here. I am even going to find this somehow, and try to listen to it. I expect I will have to go to deep ellem, and buy it from someone named Sweet-Sweet. But in any case, the lyrics ARE the music.

I agree, good catchy sound they have.

its nice to have lyrics to go with the songs too though

Lyrics are nice, but it's certainly not everything, if it was, someone like Britney Spears would actually be good...

Music is art, art is individual... it's a matter of taste, you can't chart music and say it's "this amount" good and if we tweak this it will be so and so better... Some people try and it always ends up being the same old popcrap, no need to mention artists here.

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=17;threadid=6426;start=0#60589 date=1045912321]
    I just acquired their lastest album and I'm very impressed.. damn these guys rock.. but sadly the background information on their website is a bit... none existing to be frank - who are those rocking fellas?
    [/quote]

Yeah, they are one of my favourite bands.

I can tell you that Dave Grohl - their drummer, is also the lead singer in the Foo Fighters and he was also the drummer in Nirvana. I'm pretty sure thats correct.

Love their song "Go with the Flow"

Yeah and I think some other members carry experience from other bands. Grohl is their heavyweight though...the man helped nirvana singlehandedly usher in grunge rock as it's known today. The Queens definitely do his name justice. The entire album is fantastic and highly recommended.

[quote author=dowmun link=board=17;threadid=6426;start=0#60666 date=1046039921]
    I am doing my best to fit in here. I am even going to find this somehow, and try to listen to it. I expect I will have to go to deep ellem, and buy it from someone named Sweet-Sweet. But in any case, the lyrics ARE the music.
    [/quote]

So you're from the Dallas area? I'm from East Texas myself, about 2 hours away.

Almighty Snailgod Kenshi:
    I live in Cobb Switch, just east of Elmo. Elmo is an Indian word that means: land where people steal from each other.
    No East Texan is smart enough to use linux. Where are you from, really?
    John D.

The area I live in is considered East Texas. I was making fun of myself.