Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

ogg to mp3 converter?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ogg to mp3 converter?

ogg to mp3 converter?

Anyone have any software that they have tried for converting ogg to mp3 format? I know that ogg if inherently better, however my cd player doesnt support ogg.

Re:ogg to mp3 converter?

How bout Audacity. I've used this before to convert mp3's to ogg I'm pretty certain you can turn it back to mp3 with this program. Also a nice script which I found to be pretty nifty is mp32ogg I usually turn mp3s to ogg right after download them( you know to support opensource and what not ).

a question for you. in the linux version, during ./configure, i got an error back asking about xwwindows. Is this a window manager that I am missing?

wxWindows this is an API similar to GTK and QT.

Try oggasn http://oggasm.sourceforge.net/index.html

While we are on ogg subject is there a prog like Lars that burns ogg files on the fly?

[quote author=Mountainman link=board=12;threadid=6201;start=0#58726 date=1043692175]
    Anyone have any software that they have tried for converting ogg to mp3 format? I know that ogg if inherently better, however my cd player doesnt support ogg.
    [/quote]

I think the quality problem is exponentiated b/c you're going from ogg to mp3. Do you have a better source that you could use? The two formats try to decrease the file size through inherently different algorithms, and I think that because of this the end result would be pretty bad. This kind of ties in why the ogg community was so pissed about ppl constantly requesting mp3->ogg converters.

Hell. Just do it with whatcha got. ;D

Open XMMS, play whatever ogg with the DiskWriter Plugin, instead of ArTs, eSound, etc. Then go to the directory that DR made your new wave files, and convert via LAME. :P

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=Kernel_Killer link=board=12;threadid=6201;start=0#59944 date=1045093250]
    Hell. Just do it with whatcha got. ;D

Open XMMS, play whatever ogg with the DiskWriter Plugin, instead of ArTs, eSound, etc. Then go to the directory that DR made your new wave files, and convert via LAME. :P
    [/quote]

I was going to suggest converting the oggs to wav files then converting them to mp3. Seems to be a time consuming method, but one where the compression algorithms should come into play too much. It might, but you can never tell.

Cheers

The main reason I do it, is so I have complete control of my bitrate. I can set GRIP to rip oggs/mp3s at 256, and still only get 128??? When I do with oggenc, and lame in CLI complete control is mine. Wildcards are good. ;D

[quote author=gmoreno link=board=12;threadid=6201;start=0#58734 date=1043703237]
    Try oggasn http://oggasm.sourceforge.net/index.html

While we are on ogg subject is there a prog like Lars that burns ogg files on the fly?
    [/quote]Never used Lars, but k3b should work for converting/burning ogg's as audio files on the fly.

Cool