Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Yoper is out, and its not free

Thread: Yoper is out, and its not free

Mentor

Yoper is out, and its not free

Yoper has been released now, and if you want to get it, its US$98, they say on their website if you want the final release you HAVE to buy it, so that means no ISO, no FTP, nothing. They have kept RC-4 on there though, so if you are happy with an RC its the only free way to try this distro.

Re:Yoper is out, and its not free

well despite knowing that a linux distro is free to charge for a release it can't see yoper becoming very popular because of this. personally i think yoper sounds like a nightmare to administer. i wish them luck though.

Re:Yoper is out, and its not free

[quote author=sarah31 link=board=7;threadid=6522;start=0#61430 date=1046968134]
    well despite knowing that a linux distro is free to charge for a release it can't see yoper becoming very popular because of this. personally i think yoper sounds like a nightmare to administer. i wish them luck though.
    [/quote]

Well it all depends. If they've done up their database really well, it might turn out alright. I can see paths becoming a problem though (eg. Debian and Slack both put things in VERY different places). You're right that it won't be very popular though. People will always download before buying. Myself, I'll only unload money after I've downloaded and run for a bit. If it's a really well-done distro that's worthy of my money, then I buy. I've given money to Mandy and Debbie, but that's it so far.