Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is Sensei ?

Hybrid View

Who is Sensei ?

At the risk of exposing myself as the newest of the new to linux, who is Sensei? I have seen this name a number of times and gather that he was removed from or left the LNO site.
    I do not know if he is a real person, or maybe some "IN" joke that I don't get.
    Would someone take the time to tell me about this mysterious individual? If this is a newbie question on the level of - Which is the best distro? - just tell me and I will leave quietly.
    Thanks in advance
    John D

Mentor

Re:Who is Sensei ?

Sensei is a real person that started LNO (www.linuxnewbie.org) It was the most successful Linux site at the time, most of us here were active members there. Then he sold the site to internet.com that was employing him. He was still running the site for a while. Then internet.com fired him and the site started to go downhill. That's when a bunch of us decided to go somwhere else or start a new site like this one.

hello,
    Sensei is indeed a real person - he established LNO in 1998 i think (maybe 1999) and kept it running quite nicely for quite some time. he sold the domain and went to work for internet.com, when the bubble burst he was let go. he very recently started a new site called http://www.icalledit.com/, it is not linux focused though.

ah - cloverm beat me to it.

Thank you for the information. I suppose I was the only one in the world that didn't know. Story of my life.

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

[quote author=dowmun link=board=13;threadid=6382;start=0#60172 date=1045412921]
    Thank you for the information. I suppose I was the only one in the world that didn't know. Story of my life.
    [/quote]

That's why we're here to help! Do check out the new site; it's very interesting and many of us here are also members.

Heh, that's pretty cool. People who didn't even know Sensei have heard about him and ask about him. The best part is questioning if he's a real person or not. Sensei is on the road to becoming a god.

Good Guru

[quote author=Almighty Snailgod Kenshi link=board=13;threadid=6382;start=0#60215 date=1045466911]
    Sensei is on the road to becoming a god.
    [/quote]
    Then I have to claim that I've met the future god and his wife at LWE@ San Jose. ;D

Good Guru

[quote author=Compunuts link=board=13;threadid=6382;start=0#60217 date=1045467357]
    [quote author=Almighty Snailgod Kenshi link=board=13;threadid=6382;start=0#60215 date=1045466911]
    Sensei is on the road to becoming a god.
    [/quote]
    Then I have to claim that I've met the future god and his wife at LWE@ San Jose. ;D
    [/quote]

The only God I met was the nice girl at the Budweiser Brewery. She kept feeding me free beer. Good beer too. I asked why she just kept putting more beer there in front of me. And she replied -- to make me happy. Any woman who just give a guy beer, just because she can, is a God.

To all the Gods at breweries, that make my liver happy :-*

[quote author=Schotty link=board=13;threadid=6382;start=0#60255 date=1045502608]
    [quote author=Compunuts link=board=13;threadid=6382;start=0#60217 date=1045467357]
    [/quote]

The only God I met was the nice girl at the Budweiser Brewery. She kept feeding me free beer. Good beer too. I asked why she just kept putting more beer there in front of me. And she replied -- to make me happy. Any woman who just give a guy beer, just because she can, is a God.

To all the Gods at breweries, that make my liver happy :-*
    [/quote]

You lucky bastards.

Good Guru

I thought so ;D Hot babe --- beer, beer, and more beeer. Hell she was eye candy BEFORE the booze!