Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

The truth is out there
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The truth is out there

The truth is out there

do you guys ever wonder what kind of programming language aliens use? and what language would they use here on earth? maybe im just bored :

Re:The truth is out there

Object Oriented Cobol... any race dumb enough to travel millions of light years to probe a redneck has to be a fan of Cobol..

i think its interesting, i wonder if aliens technology or computers would be similiar to ours and stuff. what their programming languages would be like, etc. i guess this thread was inspired by an article i read about interstellar travel, that its been done by our probes. And you can program self-replicating probes that can go to other planets and create plants and stuff and you could program it by radio signal etc. and that probes are inconspicuous and a probe could be programmed to turn its signals off when it nears other planets, etc. and that maybe aliens had a probes programmed to make life on earth. sounds crazy, but its feasible and interesting. it makes me want to make more computers for SETI to see if there are alien signals. i think the article was ended well, along the lines of "we think that there isnt life because we dont see any, but that doesnt mean that space isnt alive with thought"

Good Guru

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=17;threadid=6333;start=0#59751 date=1044892672]
    Object Oriented Cobol... any race dumb enough to travel millions of light years to probe a redneck has to be a fan of Cobol..
    [/quote]

[hick mode on]
    HAY!

Er you makin fun of dem dere suthrn folks? Dem suthrn folks are nice people. Dey watch NASCAR and goto mud wrestlin events. Dey even sleep wit dere sisters and cuzzins.
    [hick mode off]

I wonder if intelligence is an inevitable outcome of evolution, or whether it was just a fluke here on Earth. Of course we don't even know whether there is life anywhere else either, but assuming there is, why would it tend to develop machine using intelleigence? Humans have only been around a very short while compared to how long there has been life on Earth.

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=17;threadid=6333;start=0#59751 date=1044892672]
    [/quote]

LOL Thats great!

Advisor

[quote author=Schotty link=board=17;threadid=6333;start=0#59784 date=1044916010]
    [/quote]

[hick mode on]
    HAY!

Er you makin fun of dem dere suthrn folks? Dem suthrn folks are nice people. Dey watch NASCAR and goto mud wrestlin events. Dey even sleep wit dere sisters and cuzzins.
    [hick mode off]
    [/quote]

LMAO!!! ;D

[me=C++PHREAK]wonders if aliens need binary or if theyre more advanced that that[/me]

Good Guru

nope unary.

If any of you guys had seen independence day, you would know that aliens use Windows 95 (or maybe ME - which is the mothership edition, I think).
    My guess is Visual Basic or Visual C++.