Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Almost a week!

Almost a week!

Damn, almost made it a week at the office without Blue-screening my Winsuck 98 workstation!

Good thing that control-s is second nature to me; I hit that key combo in Wurd on every paragraph. :P

Re:Almost a week!

A week!! Holy shit! I gotta have proof to believe that. :P

98 has got to be the worst OS on the face of the planet. Even 95, and ME are better than 98. I can't think of a OS that has crashed on me more.

Kind Mastermind

cga...I believe that M$ has a fix for that problem. Go on over to windowsupdate.microsoft.com and download the latest patches, service packs, etc. That way you won't miss out on the daily BSOD fun. I'm surprised at you, of all people, for not keeping your computer up-to-date! Shame on you!

Cheers

Mentor

No, no, no.

I have never used Win ME myself, but had to do some work on somebody's computer with ME. Must be the worst,, most unstable OS I've ever seen in my life, hands down.

[quote author=cga link=board=25;threadid=6311;start=0#59575 date=1044672207]
    Winsuck 98
    [/quote]

I like that

Damn, almost made it a week at the office without Blue-screening my Winsuck 98 workstation!

Good thing that control-s is second nature to me; I hit that key combo in Wurd on every paragraph. :P
    [/quote]

Yeah I ctrl-s in my sleep now. I hate freaking windows. I do have to say though that the win2k my company uses now is pretty stable. Don't really have tons of problems with it. Still slow and sluggish as hell, and will never be as problem free as my Linux box, which continues to amaze me every day at its lack of problems and its stability.

Mentor

[/quote]

Update to windows 2000 and you'll never blue screen again!!! I'm not pimpin' windows but if you have to use windows, you might as well use W2K.

[quote author=cloverm link=board=25;threadid=6311;start=0#59583 date=1044674047]
    No, no, no.

I have never used Win ME myself, but had to do some work on somebody's computer with ME. Must be the worst,, most unstable OS I've ever seen in my life, hands down.
    [/quote]

It is the worst. It came with my dads Dell (bah).. As soon as I could I took that som'bitch off for him.

Advisor

My brother's laptop came with ME, worste ever! I can at least cope with 98 and play some games, ME can't even do that. If my graphics card liked 2000 i would use that for gaming, but currently i'm stuck with 98 for gaming. Some day maybe I'll dispose of windows completely, but for now I like my games way too much.

[me=PK]ponders trying vmware[/me]

Good Guru

vmware is good, but dont expect good performance from DX. DX is sketchily supprted and D3D is not supproted beyond D3D 3.

As for winderz, Win98 and Win2K are the only usable Windows OS's. 2K just for some reason ... just works. XP is crap. 95, well thats like an rookie driver getting onto the track. You gotta be good to with the race.