Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you arrive here at LJR ?

How did you arrive here at LJR ?

Personally I followed a fellow member to LinuxNewbieBoards.org (or what ever that url was)..
    Making me one of the LJR great old ones.. I most likely am the member here who in terms of active posting time has been here longest.

Re:How did you arrive here at LJR ?

pbharris posted at TechIMO.com and I found my way over here from him. He was helping me when I first got into Linux with Mandrake 8.0.

I too came here from linuxnewbie.org, to LinuxNewbieBoard.org which changed into linuxjunior.org.

Although I am not as active of a poster as alot I do check the boards almost every day and try to help out when I can.

I guess I am also an old one:
    Code:
    Date Registered:  May 25, 2001, 05:42:51 PM

I was looking for a way to get sound to work, I think. I followed a link to this place (from LNO I think.) Stayed as a voyeur for some time, just watching people posts. Seemed a nice place.

Mentor

I came here from LNO, I came when it was LinuxJunior.org, so not that early, but I think I was in the first 50 registered users.

Is there a list of members in the order that they registered?
    Or a way to tell what number you were?

Mentor

There is a members list, but it isn't that accurate. A lot of the registered dates etc, are funny. Its down the bottom of the main forum page.
    CP

[quote author=trickster link=board=17;threadid=6290;start=0#59361 date=1044470158]
    I was looking for a way to get sound to work, I think. I followed a link to this place (from LNO I think.) Stayed as a voyeur for some time, just watching people posts. Seemed a nice place.
    [/quote]

Yeah I saw that but I noticed that it wasn't that accurate. I wasn't sure if there was a more accurate list.
    Thank you though.

Advisor

I was trying to get help setting up a linux server at school, was checking out LNO getting some help, then noticed the front page dying, and started searching for somewhere else. Found this place (it was kinda tossing up between linuxjunior.org and linuxjunior.com at the time) and enjoyed it so I stayed.

LNO.