Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

web hosting
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: web hosting

web hosting

I am planning to build a personal website. I am still searching for a good domain name. but what I want now is a good host server.
    anyone recommendations?

Re:web hosting

[quote author=knight link=board=14;threadid=6287;start=#59332 date=1044443504]
    I am planning to build a personal website. I am still searching for a good domain name. but what I want now is a good host server.
    anyone recommendations?
    [/quote]
    Well lets see, I have been wanting to go with PowWeb for a while now just don't have the extra cash to do it... It's a nice cheap service, I have friend who uses it and he hasn't had any bad experiences with them yet. Hey if you do end up going with PowWeb they do a referal thing if you could say put his site name in the referal thing that would beSUPER COOL (www.joncollier.com)... I have a couple more links at my place that I'll try and remember to get up here for ya for some places I've been looking at.

How about JohnCompanies bit steep but the price is well worth the service you get. Also RoseHosting little cheaper but also some drawbacks.

[quote author=socomm link=board=14;threadid=6287;start=0#59343 date=1044458465]
    How about JohnCompanies bit steep but the price is well worth the service you get.
    [/quote]

wow, that was a 'bit steep'?!
    well no thanks, I was looking for something in the $4-$10/month.
    phpwebhosting.com seems nice, anyone have experience with them?
    any other alternatives in the same range of services/price/quality?
    thanks

---------------------------
    Knowledge is Power
    ---------------------------

Mentor

This site is on phpwebhosting. We've been having some problems with the SQL server lately, other than that they are pretty good and the price is very reasonable. I know that they installed some new, more powerful servers so if you sign up now they will probably put you on one of them. I'd say give it a try.

Good Guru

I have two sites that I manage with PHPWebhosting.com and I am pretty happy with it.

I also like he.net . They are a very good provider. But you get your money for the bucks with PHP, IMHO, though.

www.b-one.nu - my father has our family site and POP3 server up on this, and at only ~1$ a month it's about as cheap as hosting can get. So far service seems to be working really well.

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=14;threadid=6287;start=0#59357 date=1044469158]
    www.b-one.nu - my father has our family site and POP3 server up on this, and at only ~1$ a month it's about as cheap as hosting can get. So far service seems to be working really well.
    [/quote]
    good offer, but they don't have an english site yet, I couldn't understand a bit of what is there, and the domain ssems to must end with a .dk

[quote author=knight link=board=14;threadid=6287;start=0#59494 date=1044599549]
    [quote author=Lovechild link=board=14;threadid=6287;start=0#59357 date=1044469158]
    [/quote]
    good offer, but they don't have an english site yet, I couldn't understand a bit of what is there, and the domain ssems to must end with a .dk
    [/quote]
    they offer all avail. domain postfixs... not just .dk

here's the english interface - clicking the link that said "english" was to hard for you?
    http://www.b-one.nu/controller.php?lang=en_UK

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=14;threadid=6287;start=0#59496 date=1044599978]
    clicking the link that said "english" was to hard for you?
    [/quote]

clicking it just give a message that says: "We don't have the English site ready yet!"
    I even tried google and altavista translators ...
    anyway, as I said earlier they seem to have a nice package