Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
running apps remotely

Thread: running apps remotely

running apps remotely

hi,

I know that between 2 linux boxes you can run applications that are installed on one machine from another. $>./someapp &

how are resources(memory) handled during the session? I would think that the app running box would do all the work and the remote machine is just 'viewing'.

can anyone elaborate here? is there a way to have the local machine do the work?(assuming my assumption above)

thanx,

Good Guru

Re:running apps remotely

[quote author=Blaqb0x link=board=4;threadid=6267;start=0#59194 date=1044294499]
    I would think that the app running box would do all the work and the remote machine is just 'viewing'. [/quote]
    Yeap, that's correct.

is there a way to have the local machine do the work?(assuming my assumption above)
    Why there is a need for local machine to do the work?? I mean, the idea is because you have less powerful machine as client ( usaully a desktop ) and much more powerful machine as server ( usually mid to high-end servers ). If you need to run applications locally, just install a copy of it. If you want to load balance, then look into having cluster or something. Other than that, I don't see why you want to run applications using local resources and having codes locate remotely. There are some ASPs doing exactly what you wanting to do a few years back but never took off due to that having multiple copy of software is much more easier than downloading the application codes every time you use it.

Just my opinion ....