Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Etherlink (pci?)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Etherlink (pci?)

Etherlink (pci?)

Can this work in my box? I grabbed it out of an old IBM, looks like PCI to me

Re:Etherlink (pci?)

if it fits it may work. i know the old IBMs used token ring, which iirc don't use 802.3 framing methods for network stuff, but it has been a long time since i looked. thats a big card!

I was going to ask about the old modem I got out of an old 386 and post that picture, but it wouldnt fit in the scanner :/

i would guess it is an ISA modem and it stands a good chance of working nicely. all of my old modems worked great under linux

good, very good

*runs off*

Its hard to judge scale without a reference but I dont believe that this is a pci card. Im trying to remember the name of the standard but its been a while. Im pretty sure that its pre- eisa era.

10Ded

it *would* fit into a pci slot except that the pins are set back about one centimeter too far :/

it looks VLB to me.

And you would be right. I knew I had seen it somewhere before but the name would not come to mind. THanx PB.

10Ded ;D

Good Guru

[quote author=pbharris link=board=3;threadid=6262;start=0#59185 date=1044284319]
    it looks VLB to me.
    [/quote]

You are right. I own an old ass IBM 386 server with quad 20MB SCSI Hard disks and a whole earth shattering 16 MB ram! !!!

Got it for free at the 2600 meeting a year or so ago. It has 5 or so NICs like that. And they are all VLB Token Ring cards. I havent had too much luck finding a VLD ethernet card ... I have even called IBM to very little luck.