Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Apache and Cox Hi-Speed Internet

Thread: Apache and Cox Hi-Speed Internet

Hybrid View

Apache and Cox Hi-Speed Internet

Okay I just got my CHSI and modified httpd.conf to look at port 8080. My linksys router is forwarding that port. You can telnet and ssh by domain name so that is linked. Why do I get either a "connection refused" or time out when I type www.btshadows.net?

What did I miss on the httpd.conf?

Thanks
    Ras

Good Guru

Re:Apache and Cox Hi-Speed Internet

Hmm, is it listening on the LAN IP, or just 127.0.0.1 (localhost) ?

Its listening to *.8080 but I think the problem is more related to the owner of my domain name. Don't I have to tell them to send requests to 8080 instead of 80?

I'm not at all an apache guru, but i think when you use any port other than 80 you have to supply the port number to the url. I.E. www.btshadows.net:8080. I just tried this and was able to get your apache test page.

Stix

I can see SSH but why are you running a telnet server on the net... clear text is the devil.

Me? I am not running a telnet server... SSH and FTP along with hopefully soon a webserver (AGAIN). I will look at the services when I get home again to make sure telnet is not up.

Good Guru

[quote author=Stix link=board=4;threadid=6251;start=0#59193 date=1044293894]
    I'm not at all an apache guru, but i think when you use any port other than 80 you have to supply the port number to the url.[/quote]
    Actually, NO. It's in Apache's set up config file, httpd.conf. There is a line specifying what port Apache need to listen to other than the default.

So, look for this line in your /etc/apache/httpd.conf file.

Code:
    Listen your.ip.address
    Listen 80
    Then modify 80 to read 8080 and restart apache. All should be fine.