Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Space Shuttle has crashed

Space Shuttle has crashed

The space shuttle has just broken up over Texas. I saw the tape on CNN, it's gone.

Re:Space Shuttle has crashed

God have mercy on the poor bastards inside...

Mentor

Looking at the video, they stood no chance of surviving this ...

It's hard to belive but I think that a lot of people saw this comming. Columbia is the oldest shuttle (est 1981) and ever since NASA had money cut backs from the government they have had to make due with 1980's mechanical technology ... sometimes even 1960's mech-tech. I hope this opens the eyes to the public that you can't send people into space, no matter how smart, on an overused rocket .... there has to be heavy upkeep and enough money to ensure QA and safety.

I pray that the astronauts felt nothing; that it was quick and painless.

Kind Mastermind

One of my weather buddies in Mississippi sent me a National Weather Service radar picture which shows the debris field from the Shuttle. Very interesting and very sad.

I would post it but I am at work and can't access my pitiful webpage.

Cheers

I heard most of the debris landed in Nacogdoches. I haven't seen any yet. It sucks when people die in space shuttles, but at least it's safer than driving a car.

Lord Have Mercy on them. I hope it wasnt painfull. I hope they didn't suffered. May God bless them.

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=Grand Aardvark Kenshi link=board=14;threadid=6246;start=0#59092 date=1044135624]
    I heard most of the debris landed in Nacogdoches. I haven't seen any yet. It sucks when people die in space shuttles, but at least it's safer than driving a car.
    [/quote]

I read a report that said sections of the shuttle were landing in Nacogdoches as large as three feet. That is serious headache material there. On a side note, ever since I saw the movie 8 Seconds, I've wanted to visit Nacogdoches.

Good Guru

[quote author=Ashcrow link=board=14;threadid=6246;start=0#59068 date=1044119687]
    It's hard to belive but I think that a lot of people saw this comming. Columbia is the oldest shuttle (est 1981) and ever since NASA had money cut backs from the government they have had to make due with 1980's mechanical technology ... sometimes even 1960's mech-tech. I hope this opens the eyes to the public that you can't send people into space, no matter how smart, on an overused rocket .... there has to be heavy upkeep and enough money to ensure QA and safety.
    [/quote]

True. Plus I got a strange feeling like we can do better than the shuttle.

I pray that the astronauts felt nothing; that it was quick and painless.
    I second that motion. I was on fire twice, and the first was no prob, the second didnt feel good. And I only had some minor burns. I dont wanna feel 2000F temperatures (thats what CNN said ... then again they said Challenger was '81 until someone corrected that one)