Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

funny store name in edinburgh...

Thread: funny store name in edinburgh...

funny store name in edinburgh...

Know how *nix library tarballs tend to be called things like libvorbis, libogg and libao etc (where libvorbis is a vorbis software library, and so On). Where you have a name, denoting the name of the library, preceded by "lib".

Well, one day after I was messing around with some of the aforementioned, I was taking a bus (number 1) into the city center with some friends to do some shopping. Imagine my surprise when I see a shop called "libass"! I had to rub my eyes and look again. I pointed it out to my friend, but they shrugged and ignored it. How could they not see what this implied (maybe the ass library? for a new system of input for X rather than a mouse)!

It was then that I realised I should lay off the *nix, and that few other people would notice this ass library, and would just dismiss it as YARS (yet another random shop).

I wished that, at the time I was with someone else who'd get it. I'll try and get a photo next time i'm heading into town.

Re:funny store name in edinburgh...

i actually know a chinese restaurant called Fuk Mee Naw

[quote author=Ralinx link=board=14;threadid=9594;start=0#msg87266 date=1091025879]
    i actually know a chinese restaurant called Fuk Mee Naw
    [/quote]

LMAO!! Dude you SO need to post a picture of that!!

There was a auto repair shop in NH when I was a wee lad called "Unle Pud's"

There's one here in VA called Doody's repair.

Not quite as funny as Fuk Mee Naw. Gawd that's so funny. ;D

[quote author=Radar link=board=14;threadid=9594;start=0#msg87267 date=1091026685]
    LMAO!! Dude you SO need to post a picture of that!!
    [/quote]

i don't have a digital camera... plus it's not exactly in a neighbourhood where you wanna get caught taking pictures

Associate

There was a resturant in Los Angeles named Men Hung Low, or Mein Hung Low. It may still be there, somewhere in the Valley off the Ventura Freeway.

classic!

We don't have shops with fun names like that in my town, but I could take photos of the headshop, that's always good.