Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Gone for so long

Thread: Gone for so long

Gone for so long

Gosh, I havent been doing much linux related for the past 2 months. With summer vacation, girls, getting in trouble, etc. Anyways, I got bored one day and decided I was going to update SuSE 8.2 to 9.1, and I didnt have a DVD rom on the physical linux box! So feeling adventurous I thought i'd make an attempt at an NFS install. Using my windows box, i downloaded some NFS software for windows (trial version, ewww) set my default directory to the windows DVD rom, and downloaded my boot cd. After 2 hours of playing with it, I got it! It has never felt so good to accomplish something like that, makes me want to use linux even more.

Afterwards, I felt even more adventurous, I loaded up my pretty new Gnome desktop, and got started downloading the gDesklets tarball. Compiled, flawlessly! The first successful program compile i've done after 4-5 months of my linux experience. Keep the inspiration and influence coming guys, you're doing a great job

Advisor
    heh, glad it's working out for you

You don't get that sort of satisfaction with any other OS...
    My Website:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Website Uptime:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Server Specs: AMD Athlon X2 3800+, 2gb DDR2 RAM, 1.5TB HDD, Ubuntu 9.10
    My Gaming PC: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93ghz, 4gb DDR2 RAM, 9800GTX+

Indeed, the bliss of having complete control :shock:

Associate
    gotta love it dont cha?