Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arggh... the world is cruel

Arggh... the world is cruel

I've been forced to install WindowsXP because of matters relating to my school... so I decided to enjoy myself, I found this piece of software called WindowBlinds to skin Windows... now Windows looks like KDE1, which is kinda cool.

Re:Arggh... the world is cruel

You poor bastard! No matter what you do, its still XP- the Devil's OS! You are being drawn to th Dark Side! First LiteStep, now XP!

Darth Lovechild, oh! how I knew ye before the change.

/cga breaks down and sobs...

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

/cybergal sheds a few tears and implores Lovechild not to enjoy it too much and to remember his "roots".

[quote author=cybergal link=board=17;threadid=6236;start=0#59036 date=1044071772]
    /cybergal sheds a few tears and implores Lovechild not to enjoy it too much and to remember his "roots".
    [/quote]

hrmm, my roots are in DOS, but I hate to say it, Windows XP with Litestep is quite nice - but it still falls over everynow and again.

really? I've found XP to be rock-solid-stable. Uptimes easily as good as linux. The only problem I've ever had is explorer crashing, but the task manager will restart that easily enough (crashes much less frequently than X does). Now don't get me wrong...I don't like it nearly as much (linux is just fun...plus, if I don't like the way things are done, I can change it myself ), but if I have to run XP I have no real complaints. Or at least not nearly as many as I had when I upgraded to ME. I suppose I shouldn't complain though...ME's what drew the last straw and persuaded me to try this "linux" thing I kept hearing about. Mandy 7.2 was the first distro that ever worked, and it was love at first sight.

It might be stable, but it ANNOYS the crap out of me that my divx movies lag when I do something like mark a few icons in explore..

and Disk IO brings the whole thing to a grinding halt.. I now remember why I deleted Windows in the first place..

[quote author=cga link=board=17;threadid=6236;start=0#59031 date=1044065922]
    You poor bastard! No matter what you do, its still XP- the Devil's OS! You are being drawn to th Dark Side! First LiteStep, now XP!
    [/quote]

D00d, I HATE the Windows GUI, I use LiteStep in Windows... In Linux I use KDE, and Linux is my primary desktop OS.

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=17;threadid=6236;start=0#59085 date=1044130074]
    [quote author=cga link=board=17;threadid=6236;start=0#59031 date=1044065922]
    [/quote]

D00d, I HATE the Windows GUI, I use LiteStep in Windows... In Linux I use KDE, and Linux is my primary desktop OS.
    [/quote]

Well, I loath that new "Luna" GUI in XP, but the older Windows GUI is very good. It is plain and simple and works quite well. I configure my KDE desktop to work much like the Windows GUI, and I use to use IceWM because it was much like the Windows GUI.

School or no school... this crap has got to go...

Windows just told me something about activiting a change of my HD configurations... meaning it formatted my Gentoo partitions in NTFS... It just killed an entire nights worth of work...

I fucking hate Windows...

Windows: Where we want you to go today. >