Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

??? about boxed RH8.0

Thread: ??? about boxed RH8.0

??? about boxed RH8.0

I purchased the RH8.0 distro and now a friend (same one who lost his root password) wants to get a new distro.

Can I burn the ISO's from my boxed set and make him a copy. Or does the boxed set have special requirements for a registration number (I cant remember).

I don't want to make a copy of it if it violates the RH8.0 agreement but for some reason RH's site does not load from work very well and it is hard for me to access it to make sure.

Thanks,
    Ras

Re:??? about boxed RH8.0

the small boxed sets are AFAIK the same as the download edition... but tell him to buy one to

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=7;threadid=6217;start=0#58855 date=1043858019]
    the small boxed sets are AFAIK the same as the download edition... but tell him to buy one to
    [/quote]

LC I told him to quit being such of a ...... and buy a copy even if it is from cheapbytes.

I also think that since he is still new and undecided that if I can make the final sell that he will leave M$ for the most part for good (Games).

Ras

Good Guru

Feel free to copy it. RH encourages it (although prefers the sale). Just keep your entitlement code. Thats what cost you $40.

can I copy the iso to my hard drive and then rebuild them I currently only have a single CDRW drive and nothing to play the other cd on?

Good Guru

sure

yup - i have done this.

You can always get the CDs in one of the many RedHat 8 books too, along with the book. RedHat's offical user guide looks to be a very comprehensive book...

I've never seen one of their official books (other than the firewall book and it was waaayy over my head) but the RH Linux Bibles are a really good source of information. They don't do a good covering "why" you do X or Y but they do a job of covering the "how". Really good beginner books though. And you do get the CD's (not the one's with the sources though).

Good Guru

There are pdf's of all of RedHats' official books onn their website for free. Check them out. Really well written.