Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LNO is gone

Re:LNO is gone

OK Now I'm officially pissed. I didn't realize they actually purged them!? I've been offline for 3 days and this is a crock. It's gone from a community to a business. My casual lurking time during the mid shifts will no longer be spent on LNO,...*cough* Ack! I mean JustLinux. I feel like I just had a bile burp.

[quote author=FoBoT link=board=13;threadid=6213;start=0#58839 date=1043819818]
    [they are keeping the domain to continue to funnel newbies to the new site/old site with new name/whatever (there are billions of links to LNO all over the internet {ok maybe billions is an exageration :P } )
    [/quote]

According to the Alexa.com rating system, the linuxnewbie.org domain has 1594 links from other popular websites online. I'm sure that doesn't take into account thousands of personal pages that don't have enough traffic to be cataloged.

[quote author=cage47 link=board=13;threadid=6213;start=0#60059 date=1045231603]
    OK Now I'm officially pissed. I didn't realize they actually purged them!? I've been offline for 3 days and this is a crock. It's gone from a community to a business. My casual lurking time during the mid shifts will no longer be spent on LNO,...*cough* Ack! I mean JustLinux. I feel like I just had a bile burp.
    [/quote]Hmmmm.... kinda sounds like the old days @ Hungry Charlies; usually, when that happened, it was time to STOP; I guess after 3+ years, my days of checkin' out LNO are over.

Nah, by the time you graduated to Hungry Charlies you were already a veteran. Those came to us youngsters in the parkinglot of Nowhere City. (Let's see if you remember where that was?)

[quote author=cage47 link=board=13;threadid=6213;start=0#60085 date=1045253578]
    Nah, by the time you graduated to Hungry Charlies you were already a veteran. Those came to us youngsters in the parkinglot of Nowhere City. (Let's see if you remember where that was?)
    [/quote]Oh, that's easy!! Anywhere within the corporate limits of Syracuse, New York! ;D

Hah! OK got me there, but I was meaning the dive on the road to the Amtrak station a bit before the r.r. crossing.

(Heh, a thread like this would have been closed/locked by now at LNO)

[quote author=cage47 link=board=13;threadid=6213;start=0#60119 date=1045316425]
    Hah! OK got me there, but I was meaning the dive on the road to the Amtrak station a bit before the r.r. crossing.

(Heh, a thread like this would have been closed/locked by now at LNO)
    [/quote]TROOF BRO!! That's the thing that bothers me the most; all this time, I thought Linux was supposed to be FUN! Now it appears that the folks at JL (nee LNO) have decided that Linux is something SERIOUS, and if you don't take it SERIOUSLY (by their definition), it'll be like I remember elementary school (I was raised Catholic; I went to a parochial school); "HOLD YOUR HAND OUT!!!" >WHACK<. Oh well, I guess you CAN'T go home again; farewell LNO; we hardly knew ye.

I was just writing Sensei, thing that pisses me off is the shitty attitude the weenies at JL have taken. Some just say they like the changes but a bunch of the jerks give you the old "Don't let the door hit ya on the way out" stance. Thing is that most that say that are newbies. I've only seen a few of the old-timers act like that. I say Piss on 'em.

Well I been on vacation all of last week and wasn't online much, and since JL made topic changes, they also took away the Other Nix'es forum...I know their suppose to be Just Linux but wow, why take away that one!!! >

I guess they will loose me along wit others.

Alright, that's it. They've killed the COMMUNITY, the part of LNO that made it so successful. They've turned LNO... emmmh, JL... from a group of friends into a bunch of strangers who talk only BUSINESS and never have a beer together.

Internut.com has a typical corporate attitude. They just haven't realized that this corporate attitude doesn't work in the Linx COMMUNITY.

They'll go downhill now... fast.