Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SQL Worm

SQL Worm

I heard that there is a worm virus out on the net that is attacking Windows servers NT,2K, and XP I was told that it targeted systems running SQL, I don't know much more about it but I do know that it has played havic at work. Anybody else heard anything about this. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Mike

Re:SQL Worm

I think it was the Microsoft SQL Server 2000

My company cingular wireless was hit hard... Systems down all day long.

I wasn't able to do anything on the net for at least 6 hours. It was late so I had to go to bed but it could have been even longer. Damn Microsoft products :

LOL. That's gotta help M$ sales. ;D

Good job businesses. Keep using M$ so that you can show the world how vulnerable it really is!

You know what's really ironic about this whole issue, is that M$ sits here and blames Sys Admins for not updating their OSes, and that they have had a fix for it for over 6 months now.

Today, I had to go over to me 'rents house for the SB, and to work on their laptop. I instantly went to Windows Update. Well what do you know!!! Microsoft is also effected by it too!!!

So in a final note, are they saying that thier own Sys Admins are morons, and don't even update their own software? :

[quote author=Kernel_Killer link=board=5;threadid=6191;start=0#58671 date=1043630502]
    Today, I had to go over to me 'rents house for the SB, and to work on their laptop. I instantly went to Windows Update. Well what do you know!!! Microsoft is also effected by it too!!!

So in a final note, are they saying that thier own Sys Admins are morons, and don't even update their own software? :
    [/quote]

Yup, their activation servers were down too so people were unable to activate Windows XP and Office XP. When ringing the phone number, people were told that the servers were down for "routine maintenance" : I also can't believe they can blame the admins for not updating their software. Because MS tries to hide holes (By releasing a patch but not really telling anyone), some admins probably didn't even know it existed.

My firewall was has over 7000 recorded events concerning this damn thing.

HA