Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Linuxfoo IRC?

Thread: Linuxfoo IRC?

Linuxfoo IRC?

I really want to start using this "Internet Relay Chat" that everyone is talking about. I'll admit it, I have no idea how to use it, or to even start it!

1.) What software do i need for IRC?
    2.) How do I set it up?
    3.) Why is it so popular?

If someone could answer these questions, it would be greatly appreciated!
    My Website:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Website Uptime:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Server Specs: AMD Athlon X2 3800+, 2gb DDR2 RAM, 1.5TB HDD, Ubuntu 9.10
    My Gaming PC: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93ghz, 4gb DDR2 RAM, 9800GTX+

Mentor
    Beez, Find the "where is everybody" thread on linuxfoo. The dudes got me going on IRC

Advisor
    check out bitchx and irssi if you want cli irc, x-chat if you want x-windows, connect to irc.freenode.net, and join #linuxfoo ;p

Re: Linuxfoo IRC?

Quote Originally Posted by beezlebubsbum
    I really want to start using this "Internet Relay Chat" that everyone is talking about. I'll admit it, I have no idea how to use it, or to even start it!

1.) What software do i need for IRC?
    2.) How do I set it up?
    3.) Why is it so popular?

If someone could answer these questions, it would be greatly appreciated!
    1.) you need an irc client program. there are _loads_ of those out there (irssi, xchat, bitchX, mozilla....)
    2.) open port 6667 in your firewall, start the client and you should be set to go
    3.) many indipendend studies show that irc makes your teeth more white :P

Welcome aboard. We need more nut cases like you on the channel anyway

Yea, if you're in linux, you probably have xchat and bitchx