Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Kevin Mitnick - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kevin Mitnick

Re:Kevin Mitnick

That's interesting. I've never heard of a computer security company that dealt with social engineering. It seems like a good idea.

[quote author=Grand Aardvark Kenshi link=board=14;threadid=6143;start=0#58592 date=1043424402]
    That's interesting. I've never heard of a computer security company that dealt with social engineering. It seems like a good idea.
    [/quote]

Definitely. You don't have to know your ass from your elbow about a computer to get privileged access. I work in an office building with thousands of people. I'm constantly on the phone with IT, and they really don't care who you are. So long as you give them a valid employee number, they'll pretty much give you any information you want. Conceivably it would be child's play to get access to a priviledged account. A company that provides training to counter this sort of behavior or perhaps writes procedures for IT support companies would probably be successful. And if anyone's qualified to do this sort of thing, it's Kevin.

Mitnik answers questions from the Slash Dot crowd.

Good Guru

He was a guest on Coast To Coast AM with George Noory just a few days back. Excellent interview.