Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Wine Trouble - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wine Trouble

Good Guru

Re:Wine Trouble

also, dont forget -- codeweavers has the compatibility db, and some instructions too.

thanks guys, ill try both out and hopefully i can get my games working so i can spend my time in linux more.

Good Guru

I personally have had a ton more luck with WineX than any other flavor of wine. However, Codeweavers wasnt too bad. Alot better support for regular apps than games, however.

Mentor

You guys realise that you can get transgaming winex via CVS, but it is installed slightly differently. They offer the payment option as a way for you to vote for games you want, and also offer support in the way of forums etc. I have managed to get Max Payne, Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Homeworld and heaps of other games working.

thre is a pet on just what CP is takling about - that may help.

Mentor

One thing I would recommend. Even if you have windows installed unmount your windows drive and use a fake C drive. I had real trouble with some directx games before I did that.
    CP

The CVS version is quite nice from what I've heard. Wish they would hurry up with WineX 3.0 . Suppose to have more support for DirectX 8.1, which mean even more compatible games! Now I won't have to waste the games I can't play on Linux. :P

Good Guru

I agree. I have been waiting for Links or Tiger Woods to work for quite some time now. What can I say? I like golf .... Plus getting that NWN client soon ...