Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Lindows, Debian and sound

Thread: Lindows, Debian and sound

Lindows, Debian and sound

Trying to use Lindows as a gui installer for Debian. Going ok but one of the glitches I have is no sound. I get the following messages:

Lindows:~# depmod -a
    depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.14/kernel/drivers/net/wan/com
    x.o

Also: when modprobe Sound is typed I get back "Can't locate module Sound.

When I type sndconfig it goes thru the process but when it says sound is being played - no sound comes thru.

It picks up my sound card fine.

Have to admit - I cannot figure it out - When running MDK or SuSE my sound works fine. When running a Debian product it never picks up my sound.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Kind Mastermind

Re:Lindows, Debian and sound

I hate to ask this question: why don't you try to load Debian without LindowsOS? I found it is a slower process, but, I found it to be a better process overall. Especially if you load the bf24 disc in. It will allow you to specify modules to use (the vanilla install doesn't allow you to specify all that many modules).

If you need help getting Debian installed on your computer, pm me and I'll try to help out.

Cheers

Re:Lindows, Debian and sound

[quote author=stryder144 link=board=1;threadid=6113;start=0#58044 date=1042816454]
    I hate to ask this question: why don't you try to load Debian without LindowsOS? I found it is a slower process, but, I found it to be a better process overall. Especially if you load the bf24 disc in. It will allow you to specify modules to use (the vanilla install doesn't allow you to specify all that many modules).

If you need help getting Debian installed on your computer, pm me and I'll try to help out.

Cheers
    [/quote]

Tried loading Debian Woody 3.0 without Lindows (Knoppix) but it will not run video. If I use my video card (i810) I get no video at all and the system crashes. If I use VESA I (sort of) get some video - i.e., 800X600 with rectangles that float all over the screen and the screen is off the page. I find this odd, since video with Knoppix and Lindows works fine. Only problem with them is no sound. By the way the video card is picked up by the system - just won't work. Same with sound - picks up the card but sound won't work.