Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

New NVidia drivers are out.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New NVidia drivers are out.

New NVidia drivers are out.

Good! Now RedHat 8.0 and Mandrake 9.0 have compiled drivers.

Re:New NVidia drivers are out.

They sure do take their sweet time getting them out.

I would say these are some really good drivers!!! I almost got a 10FPS increase in UT2003 @ 1024x768 with full settings.

Yup, I''ve heard that they contain OpenGL 1.4 support and they have taken some licensed code out in favour of their own. But I've heard a couple of bad reports with these drivers so I hope they fix them in the next version.

These drivers are still a bit betaish, because of some mahor code rework... but they smoking fast.

Kind Mastermind

I have a Via based motherboard (I'm at work right now, so I can't say for sure which chipset is being used) and past drivers seemed, well, flaky. Has this been fixed or should I continue to use the built in graphics chip?

[quote author=stryder144 link=board=6;threadid=5850;start=0#55925 date=1039953913]
    I have a Via based motherboard (I'm at work right now, so I can't say for sure which chipset is being used) and past drivers seemed, well, flaky. Has this been fixed or should I continue to use the built in graphics chip?
    [/quote]

There are workarounds for VIA instability.

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=6;threadid=5850;start=0#55928 date=1039960059]
    [quote author=stryder144 link=board=6;threadid=5850;start=0#55925 date=1039953913]
    [/quote]

There are workarounds for VIA instability.
    [/quote]

Do you have references to the work arounds? I noticed some odd stability issues running win95 (I'm only using it because I need windows for work stuff and I didn't want to run a pirate version of win98). I have only used the nvidia drivers for windows since the generic nv driver in xfree86 worked fine for me.

Newer VIA4in1 drivers fix a whole range of problems for Windows, for Linux you're most likely to hit the AMD bug which seems to be easiest to hit with VIA + GeForce combos.

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=6;threadid=5850;start=0#55936 date=1039964010]
    Newer VIA4in1 drivers fix a whole range of problems for Windows, for Linux you're most likely to hit the AMD bug which seems to be easiest to hit with VIA + GeForce combos.
    [/quote]

I did install the latest Hyperion driver set, so maybe I'll reinstall my Nvidia card and hope for the best.

Thanks,
    Cheers