Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

BeOS lives again. maybe - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BeOS lives again. maybe

Re:BeOS lives again. maybe

I played with BeOS for a while, and I really, really liked it a lot. With the right apps, this could be a killer OS for Joe Average. BeOS was very like running a supped-up version of Classic MacOS on a x86. It is beautiful, well designed, rock solid stable and simple to use.

I am way interested in this wonderful news!

I plan to buy the Developers edition when they are ready with a release, because I want to play with that nice OS..

I don't think it will ever replace Linux for me, but it sure does look sweet.

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=13;threadid=6095;start=0#57954 date=1042729900]
    I plan to buy the Developers edition when they are ready with a release, because I want to play with that nice OS..

I don't think it will ever replace Linux for me, but it sure does look sweet.
    [/quote]

Just imagine a workplace with BeOS workstations and Linux servers...

[me=Lovechild]cums..... nuff said...[/me]

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=13;threadid=6095;start=0#57951 date=1042722027]
    You don't get it, this is OpenBeOS in commercial packaging, OBOS was never mean to have a distro like release, we will develop the kernel, the API and the applications, but the packaging will be handled by guys like Yellowtab and their Zeta package.
    [/quote]

sorry, errrr...its not OpenBeOS yet...It is a combination of R5 and 5.1 which was never officially released but Be inc had already had talks with yellow tab before they closed about releasing 5.1 (aka DanO), but it never was finished. So, what they have done is use 5.03, the last official release as a base, and incorporated some of the newer features from 5.1 into it such as a new media kit and BONE(BeOS Networking Environment to replace the net_server ;D) However, in future releases, Zeta may instead become a OBOS distro.
    -CJ

Advisor

I agree with cga, i could definitely see myself using BeOS on the workstation, but sticking with linux for servers.