Thread: Spam

Spam

I just received this on my email:

Hello,

I have visited www.linuxjunior.com and noticed that your website is not listed on some search engines. I am sure that through our service the number of people who visit your website will definitely increase. SeekerCenter is a unique technology that instantly submits your website to over 500,000 search engines and directories -- a really low-cost and effective way to advertise your site. For more details please go to SeekerCenter.net.

Give your website maximum exposure today!
    Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
    Vanessa Lintner
    Sales & Marketing
    www.SeekerCenter.net

You are receiving this email because you opted-in to receive special offers through a partner website. If you feel that you received this email in error or do not wish to receive additional special offers, please enter your email address here and click the button of "Remove Me":

Has anyone else received this?
    It even had a small screenshot of the front page of LJR...

Re:Spam

I have received similar messages in the past, but not recently. That's what I get for posting my email address on the site, I suppose.

There used to be a law against all this crap. Whatever happened to the FCC protecting and serving the public trust?

Okay, enough politics. Yeah, I've seen similar stuff - somebody subscribed me to a list without my knowledge or consent, and it was really tough to get unsubbed... had to get my ISP involved.

Later On,
    horus

Mentor

Your email address was probably picked up by their freakin' robot from the front page and now they're spamming you. I'm getting these all the time. Son of a bitches.

yea... i have gotton 'em