Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

good database for forum - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: good database for forum

Good Guru

Re:good database for forum

I suppose if I wont offend Coltrane? (I think you were the one doing a buch of MySQL stuff) I can do a MySQL PET on how to do an install and all of the commands. I am a really bad programmer ATM, trying desparately to get back in to the swing of things with C++ and Ruby (first time Ruby learner here, been doing C++ back in college). So a programming section would have to be a future addendum by myself or another that is more proficient.

Lemme clean this up a bit, and unless someone tells me to hold off, I will proceed.

Good Guru

[quote author=Schotty link=board=4;threadid=6055;start=0#57723 date=1042485129]
    I suppose if I wont offend Coltrane?
    [/quote]
    May be you guys could colleborate.

That would be really neat since we need some kind of PET for database ( I'm currently leaning more to PostgresSQL since it's GPL'd ) but MySQL works too. Anything that would help database newbies would be great.

Thanks.

Such wonderful people Thank you all for your help

*it worked well*

Good Guru

Thanks! I was hoping it worked well.

I was waiting to post my slighly cleaned up install guide, and the current bersion of my SQL basics. I am in agreence with Compunuts about PostgresSQL. It is more free, and IMNSHO, a safer bet for an OSS whore, as I am. It just seems more of the Linux way. But MySQL is pretty good too. And I think a bit more popular. That is the only reason why I have an MySQL book. (and to help C++ freak ;D )

I am also reading up a bit on PostgresSQL to see if there are any real differences in the syntax and such. There do sofar appear to be enough to make notes in my SQL basics guide to the appropriate syntaxes.