Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Help me id a cocktail I had
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me id a cocktail I had

Help me id a cocktail I had

At a opera house I had this drink that was given me and I liked it. It tasted bitter with a lime peel after taste to it. And it was clear with ice and a lime peel in it. Anyone knows what I had?

Re:Help me id a cocktail I had

Almost sounds like a type of martini. What shape of glass? No really. It does make a difference.

If it was somewhat bitter...it was probably a gin martini with a touch of vermouth.

It was in an opera house so I guess for saftey they gave me a plastic clear cup.

That was a while ago so I *think* they added something that is in a greed glass bottle with a seal on it...

But you guys think its a gin martini?

Good Guru

Walk/Drive/Hitchhike to your local pub, and order one. Then you will know if their hunch is correct. I dont do mixed drinks much. Alabama slammers, Long Island Iced teas, and hitlers are about the most mixed I will ever get.

Beer. Its whats for dinner.

what is hitlers ? nasty tastes on them ? if you think about the name .

Good Guru

a hitler is a double shot usually, but is an even mix of Jaegermeister, Blackhaus, and Rumple Minze. Tastes pretty good, if you like the three schnapps'. You kinda gotta like Jaeger too. It is a it strong tasting in the drink, compared to the rest. Although you do taste alot of Rumple when properly mixed.

I dont do mixed drinks much.
    I hear that. Just crap I picked up from being a bartender in a part of my life. :P

a hitler is a double shot usually, but is an even mix of Jaegermeister, Blackhaus, and Rumple Minze. Tastes pretty good, if you like the three schnapps'. You kinda gotta like Jaeger too. It is a it strong tasting in the drink, compared to the rest. Although you do taste alot of Rumple when properly mixed.
    They have been called a Drunken Nazi here, and Jet Fuel. Our traditional Drunken Nazi's don't have Blackhaus in them though, but some put it in. The Jet Fuel, those are the exact ingredients. Guess the name wasn't popular here. Dunno why. We have plenty of racist people here. :P

Well, a green drink in a glass bottle is usually Midoris (watermelon liquor) but as far as I know, you don't use that on martinis.