Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

A few quick Q's about Suse 8.1

Thread: A few quick Q's about Suse 8.1

A few quick Q's about Suse 8.1

ok, i just picked it up today...personal edition btw
    1. What's on the 3rd cd? it didnt use it during install and i checked everything i could when installing ;D
    2. it detects two sound cards, but kmix will only let me find one of them...
    3. my resolution is at 1280x1024 and the fonts in apps are soo tiny...i increased the system ones with the font thingy in control center, but how do i change the rest of the stuff? (i.e. Suse apps and dialogs, mostly ones designed by them)
    4. anything else i should be aware of? (stuff that suse does when installing that might surprise me)
    -cj

Re:A few quick Q's about Suse 8.1

Check out the the settings in YaST.

try gmix......the other soundcard will be tabbed (i think)

ok, i figured out #3 so, dont worry about that...now, the soundcard is a real issue...i set both up in YaST and they both work when i hit test in yast...they both show up in gamix, but the mixer when I startup is kmix...and in kmix...it will only let me select my ac97 card and not my cs46xx one...the ac97 is built into my mobo, so i tried disabling it and then kmix still couldnt find my cs46xx...arg, i even got nvidia to work right this time, if only i could fix this sound problem...
    -CJ

Kind Mastermind

I just checked out the third cd and it appears to be the source disk for the apps.

Cheers

[quote author=cj171 link=board=7;threadid=6011;start=0#57301 date=1041891349]
    ok, i figured out #3 so, dont worry about that...now, the soundcard is a real issue...i set both up in YaST and they both work when i hit test in yast...they both show up in gamix, but the mixer when I startup is kmix...and in kmix...it will only let me select my ac97 card and not my cs46xx one...the ac97 is built into my mobo, so i tried disabling it and then kmix still couldnt find my cs46xx...arg, i even got nvidia to work right this time, if only i could fix this sound problem...
    -CJ
    [/quote]

If your AC97 is onboard you might want to try to disable it in the bios. That should cause the new hardware app to run and delete the settings. Of course we hope it will then find the cs46XXX one. Then all should be good to go...

Ras

[quote author=cj171 link=board=7;threadid=6011;start=0#57301 date=1041891349]
    -CJ
    [/quote]
    Hi there I had the same problem with the Pro Edition and I installed the envy24control app and don't ask why it found the sound card and all is well now hope this helps.