Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Power Problems? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Power Problems?

Re:Power Problems?

i am pretty sure its the opposite of rabbit mode Lovey... :-X

[quote author=pbharris link=board=3;threadid=6008;start=0#57428 date=1042042867]
    i am pretty sure its the opposite of rabbit mode Lovey... :-X
    [/quote]

Well, what do I know... the only bitches I've been around the past few years loves to sleep with me on the sofa..

Anyways... I hope you got a decent quality PSU.

Mentor

Why did you have to reinstall windows with a new PSU? It shouldn't make any difference to the OS what PSU it uses.
    Cheers
    CP

Heh. Dog mode. Gotta love it.

No....I'm serious. You HAVE TO love it.

Good to see things are better now MM!!!!

Good Guru

[quote author=CP link=board=3;threadid=6008;start=0#57459 date=1042085439]
    Why did you have to reinstall windows with a new PSU? It shouldn't make any difference to the OS what PSU it uses.
    Cheers
    CP
    [/quote]

That was because windows barfed out because the PSU was insufficient. Originally he thought it was windows acting up because of a hardware change (we all had that one occur). But during the reinstall it barfed. Incomplete install. Brain turned on, he realized that the PSU was the bastard of the day, and after replacing that, he was able to continue breaking his PC by installing windows ;D

Mentor

Ok makes sense now.
    Cheers
    CP

Good Guru

Dont feel bad. Thats the first time I can recall you doing that in quite some time. I have to do that once a week, otherwise my rep starts getting healed.

yeah. This would have a happy ending if my linux boot disk would have worked. I might just install mandrake 9 and say piss on it.

Good Guru

hmmm. MDK 9 aint bad. But nonetheless, it should be a repairable error.

Just had a similar problem:

A friend of mine has this ANCIENT Compaq PC (Pentium class of some kind, around the 400-500 mark)
    and he just got a GeForce4 card and figured... this with run (it was a PCI slot model), but after like 30secs running time in Windows the machine freezes..

Turns out there's a 110W PSU in that thing..... obviously I told him that he might want to try another PSU (now all we have to do is to find a powerful PSU with AT connectors to test with... oh and it has to fit into the specially designed casing.