Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Unlocking Multiplier

Thread: Unlocking Multiplier

Unlocking Multiplier

Quick question,

I have an A7V-133-C Bios Revision 1009 /JumperFree Motherboard and an AMD Duron 1.3Ghz Processor that I would be interested in overclocking. I tried overclocking the processor to 1.4/1.5 just by multiplier and it wouldnt work. Then i tried overclocking the FSB, but couldnt get it very high, only like 101/102 which was around 1313MHz.

Anyway, Ive seen in on the web that I needed to "unlock" the multiplier. The examples Ive seen contain the 600MHz Durons which look totally different than the 1.3GHz ones. So, does anyone know how to unlock the multiplier susccessfully?

Thx

Re:Unlocking Multiplier

First thing is get out your manual. If you've got a KT-133A chipset there may be 1 jumper you have to move from 100 Mhz to another position to get 133 Mhz and above as it is on my Epox.

Unlocking is a bit more interesting, first thing is pop out your CPU and look for the L1 or L-1 bridges they should be shiney againt the dull grey ceramic of the CPU. These bridges should look like :::::: what you have to do to unlock them is get a mechanical **MECHANICAL** pencil and color over those bridges. When you are done put them to a magnifying glass and make sure they are 1. covered and 2. the dark spots aren't touching you WILL fry your CPU. After you do that do it again, and do it a third time just in case, also do it in bright light. After that put the CPU back in the socket, put the HSF back on and pray your eyes were working correctly.

I have used this method on my Thunderbird 700, your overclocking milage will vary, don't expect more than 1.5 gig, if you can hit it great. If your computer becomes a bit wierd drop down the speed.

If your CPU is lacking visable L1's you have a problem that I will not begin to touch and hitting google a bit harder may be the wise choice.

FYI: The "pencil trick" does not work on the more recent AMD processors. Might want to Google OC'ing your specific CPU, to find out if it's one of those.

I tried using the pencil trick, and maybe i didnt shade it enough or something, because my motherboard never POSTed. Hrm, time for attempt number 2.

Make sure you didn't go over a laser lock or something, and crossed the correct bridges.

IMO, I really don't think a pencil is the right thing for your CPU, but I could be wrong. Never tried to OC a "Morgan" Duron.

if you dont want to do that you can use this trace tape
    even though its costly, but it works. when you do it with a pencil the lead can wear off after some time and you have to do it again. this stuff works fine, but its $18.

http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/tra-01.html

Thanks,

Bah I'm still trying it.

So when the L1 bridge Looks like this:

L1 : : : :

in final, it supposed to look like this?

L1: | | | |

Thats what I did and no workie >
    Perhaps "Morgan" Durons are locked like XP 2100+s....Bah.

You might want to read this.

NOOOOOO!!!!

So this means I cant unlock my multiplier? NOOOOOO!!!!!