Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

*box war
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *box war

*box war

Which *box wm do you use and why?

Re:*box war

openbox features are nicer and it is not buggy like fluxbox is. for me anyway. as soon as flux hit the 1.1x range it just would not work very well for me at all. people rave about the tabs but honestly they started to annoy me to no end.

just my fraction of a cent. since you asked.

Fluxbox definatly. Buggy? heh. Yeah, it WAS. 0.1.14 hasn't given me a single problem, plus they added new features.

Advisor

I'd go with flux, although I haven't yet tried openbox. I personally see no need to use blackbox, if you turn off tabs in flux, you basically have blackbox. I haven't noticed any bugs either.

I use Flux also, since it's based on BB no use in using BB. I haven't tried Openbox yet either, so I'll give it a shot sometime soon!

KDEBox!...er...I'll go away now.

blackbox
    fluxbox
    openbox

i dont use any of em, and have never heard of openbox until now (thats what made me get links, so others that havent heard of one can... hear of it)

fluxbox, have not had any problems with anyhing.

Root uses fluxbox, all other human users use KDE.. I do this mostly for safety because I tend to fsck up KDE sometimes and it's nice to have a working enviroment that doesn't take ages to compile (I'm well aware of the fact that I'm masocist)

I haven't tried openbox, but I used blackbox for an entended periode and I like it very much, but it's simply not suitable for my style, either is fluxbox (but I gotta admit those tabs are nice, altough I wouldn't want KDE to adobt them)

i use blackbox

it seems to work nice for me so far