Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Enlightenment install troubles
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enlightenment install troubles

Enlightenment install troubles

Hey everybody,

Ok I got the rpm that was posted on my light WM thread and it said that I needed fnlib so I went to that link minus the rpm file part and got the fnlib rpm... Now it says it can't find the libIMlib.so.1 file. Should I create a link somewhere, but to what? Or should I do a no-deps on the install of fnlib? For some reason my frustration level goes up fast and high these days!

Please help & TIA

Re:Enlightenment install troubles

hello,
    odds are you need to do both - create the symlink and do the --nodeps option.

Ok so to what file do I make the symlink to? is it the libgtk_imlib.so.1 or the libgtk_imlib.so.1.9.13 file? other than that I only have libimlib-[picture extensions(ie bmp, jpg)].so These are in /usr/lib where would the symlink need to be created? probably the same dir?

Is there a way to add that link to the rpm DB for IMlib? Cuz when I tried the enlightenment rpm after I got the fnlib to install e told me that I need the same file. Just curious.

Good Guru

I will be installing this when ever I can get it downloaded. Its a 11MB src tarball, and on dialup this may be a bit ;D

Ill see if that helps out at all. If I can compile it and install it, I can see then if the rpm fails or not. Could just be a bad RPM.

Ok here is my current status with enlightenment and me... NOWHERE. Well thats a lie, I got it installed now I just can't get it to run... I keep getting errors I thought I had fixed most of them... My latest error (hoping that someone could help) is:

/usr/bin/enlightenment: relocation error: /usr/lib/libImlib.so.1: undefined symbol: gdk_display

I sure could use some help! :-\

[quote author=Schotty link=board=2;threadid=5948;start=0#56731 date=1040927650]
    I will be installing this when ever I can get it downloaded. Its a 11MB src tarball, and on dialup this may be a bit ;D

Ill see if that helps out at all. If I can compile it and install it, I can see then if the rpm fails or not. Could just be a bad RPM.
    [/quote]

That would suck if it was a bad rpm... Cuz I fiannly got it install but now it won't run :'( I did a bunch of running down errors) This latest one is just beyond me.

Good Guru

Well dude, I am taking notes and will figure out what a current RH8 box needs to make E work.

if yuu are getting tat error then the synlink is pointing to somthing it should not be, try to find a proper libgtk_imlib.so.1, i thinks this is an older file though...

[quote author=Schotty link=board=2;threadid=5948;start=0#56734 date=1040928037]
    Well dude, I am taking notes and will figure out what a current RH8 box needs to make E work.
    [/quote]

Thanx man... I never did say that, but Thanx! I would appreciate it!