Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

SoundBlaster Live Card

Thread: SoundBlaster Live Card

Hybrid View

SoundBlaster Live Card

Hello again - you guys were so helpful in sorting out my newbie-ness that i'm back!!

I've been playing around with linux for a couple of months now, and most things are going well, except that i can't get my USB zip drive to work (i'm giving up hope on this one) and i can't get my soundcard to work...

i've downloaded the EMU10K1 driver from the net and it compiles fine, but when i use
    sndconfig --noprobe
    to select the card, i get...

errors in modprobe program

/lib/modules/2.2.16-22/misc/emu10k1.0 init_module: device or module busy

/lib/modules/2.2.16-22/misc/emu10k1.0 insmod failed

/lib/modules/2.2.16-22/misc/emu10k1.0 insmod sound-slot-0 failed

so hmm... i'm sure its something trivial to most of you lot, but hey, help a newbie out again??
    thanks...

Re:SoundBlaster Live Card

hello,
    can you psot the putput of /sbin/lsmod ?

What kind of Soundblaster card do you have? and what distro? what happens when you do modprobe emu10k1?
    Also, if you post what errors are you getting with the zip drive, we might get it going. I know mine works fine.

ok... i'm back........ hope everyone had a great christmas!

if i do modprobe emu10k1 i get the same error messages as i posted before about the device being busy.

the full output of /sbin/lsmod is:

Module Size Used by
    nls_cp437 3876 2 (autoclean)
    vfat 9404 1 (autoclean)
    fat 30688 1 (autoclean) [vfat]
    ide-cd 23628 0 (autoclean)
    NVdriver 1063304 10 (autoclean)
    usb-ohci 12360 0 (unused)
    usbcore 42088 1 [usb-ohci]

thank you all for your help!!

oh, and my card is a Soundblaster Live! 1024, my distro is RedHat 7.0 (i know its probably out of date now but....)

hello,
    did you run snd-config? also, please post the contents of /etc/modules.conf - mine looks like this:
    Code:
    alias sound-slot-0 emu10k1
    post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
    pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S >/dev/null 2>&1 || :

modules.conf look like.......

alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
    alias usb-controller usb-ohci
    alias char-major-195 NVdriver
    alias sound-slot-0 emu10k1

try a depmod -a as user root...

Good Guru

[quote author=pjt link=board=3;threadid=5922;start=0#56672 date=1040860951]
    oh, and my card is a Soundblaster Live! 1024, my distro is RedHat 7.0 (i know its probably out of date now but....)
    [/quote]

Well, an error stating a device busy would mean that another module is attatched to the sound device (/dev/mixer /dev/dsp ). Look at the output of
    Code:
    dmesg | less
    and see what is getting loaded.

BTW, wtf is the nls_cp437 module? I cant seem to figure that one out. Is that an internationalization thingie?