Thread: Thank you Sun

Thank you Sun

Sun just annouced an agreement that gets every student in Denmark free StarOffice licenses... We can from now on either buy a CD at school for about 1.5 USD or download it for free..

This is nice, the first step away from Microsoft and all their horrible products (except Visio.. I like visio)

Re:Thank you Sun

Sweet. ;D

Thats awesome. I tried out StarOffice 6 but found it took way too long to load (for me anyway - without the quickstarter) but once you get it loaded, its a pretty sweet office suite

[quote author=segfault link=board=13;threadid=5916;start=0#56386 date=1040461253]
    Thats awesome. I tried out StarOffice 6 but found it took way too long to load (for me anyway - without the quickstarter) but once you get it loaded, its a pretty sweet office suite
    [/quote]

I'll just prelink the bitch....

Kind Mastermind

It figures that the one program you like was one they purchased not all that long ago (just a couple of years ago, if my memory serves me correct). So, it is only a revision number or two away from the original product, which should mean that they haven't had the time to screw it up royally yet.

[quote author=segfault link=board=13;threadid=5916;start=0#56386 date=1040461253]
    [/quote]

The load time does not bug me, really, and it seems to load much faster than 5.2. I really like SO. I use Office 97 at work, and, for the most part, I have no trouble moving Word and Excel files back and forth.

I really like the Writer word processor a lot. I'd say it is better than Word 97 for my needs, and I use word processors far more than anything else.