Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Linux Printing - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Linux Printing

Re:Linux Printing

Epson Stylus 600
    lpd

setup was a breeze with apsfilter. I always wondered why nobody really uses it anymore.

Epson Stylus C60 using usb, worked fine with apsfilter and later with CUPS.

[quote author=gmoreno link=board=3;threadid=5877;start=0#56330 date=1040361277]
    I'm printing through my CUPS printer service 8)

BTW pharris did you ever cups working?
    [/quote]

yes - i did indeed! i needed to update the software, after that was a breeze

thanks gmoreno

Good Guru

[quote author=gmoreno link=board=3;threadid=5877;start=0#56330 date=1040361277]
    I'm printing through my CUPS printer service 8)
    [/quote]
    Do you have a PET on how to configure with CUPS for print server?

I have an Epson Stylus 640; I'm printing in Debian 3.0, LibraNet 2.0, and BeOS 5.04. CUPS + Gimpprint. Epson is probably the most Linux-Friendy manufacturer out there; they release native Linux drivers for all their products, not just printers. I will continue to purchase Epson products, and I suggest their products to others whenever this subject comes up.

Bullgoose I'm glad you said that... I thought that HP had pretty good support for Linux stuff put for all I know its just their printers. I'll have to look into Epson.

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=Izan Seth link=board=3;threadid=5877;start=0#56397 date=1040483213]
    Bullgoose I'm glad you said that... I thought that HP had pretty good support for Linux stuff put for all I know its just their printers. I'll have to look into Epson.
    [/quote]

Ditto...I think that when I get to Korea I will have to convince my wife that I need an inexpensive Epson printer (I can at least justify it because of my job). Do they have any good, Linux friendly usb scanners? I know that some companies release drivers for their products but it doesn't necessarily mean that they work well or are good.

Cheers

Lexmark Z51 printing on CUPS, MDK pick it up and configured automatically.... strangely RH8 didn't even though they both use the same hardware detection program.

Advisor

Since I only have *nix boxes, then sure, printing from *nix is a breeze..

[quote author=stryder144 link=board=3;threadid=5877;start=0#56400 date=1040484269]
    [quote author=Izan Seth link=board=3;threadid=5877;start=0#56397 date=1040483213]
    [/quote]

Ditto...I think that when I get to Korea I will have to convince my wife that I need an inexpensive Epson printer (I can at least justify it because of my job). Do they have any good, Linux friendly usb scanners? I know that some companies release drivers for their products but it doesn't necessarily mean that they work well or are good.

Cheers
    [/quote]
    Yeah, Epson USB scanners are Pn'P for Linux (w/USB support), but I don't thnk Epson scanners are very cheap.