Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

New NVidia drivers are out. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New NVidia drivers are out.

Mentor

Re:New NVidia drivers are out.

All I've done is drop the FSB from 133 to 110, so I'm running at
    825 instead of 1000. I have got fairly decent cooling. I'm using an Athlon 2100+ heatsink and fan, and have got a front mounted case fan. Its not even getting that hot, but it does cause trouble. It gets up to about 60C, but I think that my graphics card is overheating as well, cause the fan on that is pretty much f*cked, so I really need to replace it, but now I've started working my PC is only really on in the evenings when it is nice and cool, so its back to 1000, and about 55C under load which is bearable

Good Guru

Ahh, I feel your pain. My older GeForce DDR card fried like a month ago. All because the damn GPU fan seized, and I didnt catch it in time. I have no clue what is toast precisely, no visible damage, but the damage was done. VGA cards these days have the worst quality for fans and heatsinks. Absolute shit.

I'm using an Athlon 2100+ heatsink and fan, and have got a front mounted case fan. Its not even getting that hot, but it does cause trouble. It gets up to about 60C, but I think that my graphics card is overheating as well, cause the fan on that is pretty much f*cked, so I really need to replace it, but now I've started working my PC is only really on in the evenings when it is nice and cool, so its back to 1000, and about 55C under load which is bearable
    Sounds like you need more exhaust. Have all that air going in, but staying in there warming up. :-\

Mentor

I have an inlet in the front, but no outlet. I'm looking at getting another fan, but I really have nowhere to put it unless I cut holes in my case, or get a PSU with 2 fans in it.

Good Guru

Then honestly, cut holes. Make a series of small holes on the rear, and dirll the four mount holes for the fan and plop it there. I am sure that there is another case you can use as a template within your grasp. Thats what I had to do for a friend. Plus it beats spending an assload on a drill/dremel if needed and a sheet metal boring bit. Sheet metal bits for 1/4" holes should be cheap in your parts -- they are here. Hell, for $10 I got a really nice Black and Decker high heat, sheet metal set. From tiny (dont know the exact size) to 1 1/2".

Thats what "I" would do. But then again, I have never been afraid to break something and break it good if God ordains it ;D

If you forgot this link, here it is again on how to give your case good airflow with tools you might have in your own home.

Making your case cool

Mentor

Now, no mocking me please. I'm looking at getting a decent PSU with 2 fans in the near future. But I'm going to try it out with my friends first to see how it goes in my PC. I may get some rounded cables as well
    CP

Now, no mocking me please. I'm looking at getting a decent PSU with 2 fans in the near future. But I'm going to try it out with my friends first to see how it goes in my PC. I may get some rounded cables as well
    CP
    Sorry. Please accept my apologies.

i installed the new drivers for windows because thats where i play my games, i didnt see a FPS difference, my CS still toggled around 60fps but my background picture of anna kournikova looks a little smoother, its a 1024x768 bg and my res is 1280x1024, and the picture looks significantly better, especially her sexy thighs/legs ;D

Mentor

[quote author=Kernel_Killer link=board=6;threadid=5850;start=0#58167 date=1042939292]
    CP
    Sorry. Please accept my apologies.
    [/quote]
    I dont really care that much, I mean if I took an axe to the side of my case it would improve the airflow I guess, as long as there is a place for the air to escape, I think my case is pretty much sealed up with tape etc, maybe I should remove that.