Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

FRICKEN CRAPPY KDE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FRICKEN CRAPPY KDE

Mentor

FRICKEN CRAPPY KDE

Where is KDE 3.1?? I've been waiting for it for ages now. RC3 came out, and then I figured it would be a week, maybe 2 before either final release but NO. Its been ages now, like over 3 weeks and nothing, absolutely NOTHING!!! As much as I like fluxbox, I like KDE more, and I'm not compile 3.0.5 or 3.1 RC. If I was using RH or something like that I may download the binaries but in LFS, whats the point in compiling a release candidate when it takes ages...and there are still bugs. GAH!!!!

Advisor

Re:FRICKEN CRAPPY KDE

I agree, my original plan was to wait for 3.1 on my LFS, that was over a month ago, so i gave up and switched to knoppix. I did compile rc3 and it was a bit buggy still, maybe (hopefully) they want to weed out all the bugs they know of and make it uber stable.

Hmm.. you could join me on my journey to Gnome Paradise maybe?

gotta disagree. Although Gnome 2.0 has some beauiful features (the fonts, for example, are crap-your-pants smooth) and definitely can look a lot better than KDE, the UI is still crapola. Comparing what you can easily do in KDE and what you can easily do in Gnome....gnome just doesn't stack up yet.

Running kde 3.1 beta deuce smooth as silk for a about a month and a half.

I want kde3.1rc5

KDE is delayed because a security audit by an outside entity turned up a nasty bug. These bugs should be fixed by mid next week, but the problem is that the KDE doesn't want to release source only right now. And all distribution packagers has gone on vacation, so we are looking at a tag date for 12th of Dec. maybe and a release in the new year.

the tag date will mean that you can grab the final of CVS as it will appear on the release date.

says they have rc5 out now(http://kde.org) :/ Oh well, It takes too long to download just yet - I may have to stick with rc3 until 3.1 is final

and it was just annouced on the mailing lists that Jan. 8th is the date where the packagers get the tarballs, and a week later we mere mortals get KDE 3.1 goodness.

[quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=6;threadid=5793;start=0#55209 date=1039240446]
    gotta disagree. Although Gnome 2.0 has some beauiful features (the fonts, for example, are crap-your-pants smooth) and definitely can look a lot better than KDE, the UI is still crapola. Comparing what you can easily do in KDE and what you can easily do in Gnome....gnome just doesn't stack up yet.
    [/quote]

I'm with you on that one. It always seems to me that Gnome is big bunch of unrelated stuff tied together to work like a desktop. It is very confusing to work with. KDE feels like an integrated desktop, much closer to Windows or MacOS, and much easier to use.

In all honesty, I'd rather use CDE than Gnome.