Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Distro

Re:New Distro

Same with me, I only have dialup also. I had someone burn a copy, so they may not have checked the 5dmsum

Mentor

True, just recompile it'll work.

Wow, according to Distrowatch, Yoper is now the #1 distribution. Anyone give it a shot? I am downloading it now just to see what the hoopla's about.

Mentor

I haven't yet, still waiting for the final release.

i have not heard favorable views on it.

Advisor

I gave it an attempt, but it wouldn't boot on my k6-2 because it's not 686 :-\ Oh well, once i get my no processor i'll give it a shot probably.

actually i just did some more reading on it and just the way they have mashed the "features" of the system together really does not turn me on. Why the heck would i want to mix source and different types of binaries. it sounds horrible. i suppose it is popular because of this but it think that is all kludge.

now if they had done it from the ground up and all fresh original code instead of borrowing strat scripts from here and krudzu from there i might be inclined to try it. actually no i wouldn't :P

just my two cents.

Advisor

[quote author=sarah31 link=board=7;threadid=5832;start=0#58437 date=1043260183]
    actually i just did some more reading on it and just the way they have mashed the "features" of the system together really does not turn me on. Why the heck would i want to mix source and different types of binaries. it sounds horrible. i suppose it is popular because of this but it think that is all kludge.

now if they had done it from the ground up and all fresh original code instead of borrowing strat scripts from here and krudzu from there i might be inclined to try it. actually no i wouldn't :P

just my two cents.
    [/quote]

That's kinda the feeling the description gave me too, but I won't judge it till I try it.